1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

#489, Suminagashi and Mammoth Ivory...

Stuart Mitchell May 27, 2015

1. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Just posted this one on Facebook and thought a few here might like a look...

#489 was made a while ago but it has just been back in the 'shop after I borrowed it take with me on a recent trip to Japan, I was asked to take a few knives so I thought one at least from a Japanese steel would fit the bill...

Said steel is layered Suminagashi, like the Bowie a few weeks ago but this time a 1mm core of very sharp with many more layers of protective and more flexible either side, to flex and protect that core...

The scales are a set of the finest Mammoth Ivory that I think I have ever seen, blue in colour and of a size we seldom see in such quality...

Subtle, 0.4mm, black liners and nickel silver fixings and fittings finish the deal...

Anyway, here's the knife...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

That is pretty fine work you put on display for our viewing pleasure!!

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

:goodpost:

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Beautiful mix of materials and craftsmanship

5. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

love bluish mammoth:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Cheers folks...

The blue is nice isn't it :thumbsup: