1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

29 Knives Kick Ass!

xuesheng Dec 8, 2012

1. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

KaOsBlAkBlAdE Huge member JDBA Official Member

I can see where ATA is comin from, but still that is a gorgeous knife. I would have liked to do one with CF inserts and slots like an AA. I honestly cant wait to get mine in hand. I added a couple little touches that should EASILY set it apart from most if not all the other 29's to date... MUAHHAHAHAH (cocky, i know, but wait till it's done!!)

ya,ya,ya pics or stfu,........i know, but if i have to be patient, so does everyone else!!:devilfinger:

2. xuesheng

xuesheng Huge member

Slots are definitely available in Titanium, deluxe skeleton (small and large holes) is not.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  3. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

I'll double check, but my order is in for deluxe slots (big slots w/little holes)
    I even sent a diagram, and Chris O. Said it was do-able.

?????????

4. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

I thought the deluxe skeleton was slots like on an arch angel? I was thinking about a 5incher with slots to flip around.

@kaos are you saying you are getting cf inserts in the slots? that will look sick!

@chris And I have a tortoise shell acrylic knife and it looks pretty handsome, but I am hoping I can find some legal antique tortoise shell that can be re-purposed. But acrylic is most likely going to be the way to go.

Sure I can probably catch a tortoise out on the mountain, its pretty easy with 2 or 3 dogs. They find it and you pick it up. But I have always tried to keep them as pets when I found them so I wouldn't even try to do that lol.

Does anyone have any 29knives fixed blades?

5. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

yup, Ti and the Cf will be slotted.
    Hoping like hell to keep it skinny :yuna:

6. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Dang that thing is super clean, wish it was up for sale.

7. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

I think the deluxe skeletonized models look better than the standard, by a long shot, but if I'm gonna pay extra for eye candy I think the inserts are a better investment.

8. xuesheng

xuesheng Huge member

Very cool - and that was Titanium? He told me no deluxe skeleton on Titanium but that was the holes, no slots.

I like all of the above. The standard skeleton with that massive handle just looks very clean and solid, the deluxe a bit busier but slick, and the inserts rock. ALthough for flipping I much prefer skeleton over inserts - especially for steel knives, gives me something to grip to manage the weight better.

9. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

That is the most beautiful 29 I have ever seen.

10. ultrahesh

ultrahesh Heathen among the saints Brigade Member

There is something kind of freudian about that statement. Loving a custom that looks exactly like a 42 is kind of like marrying someone who looks just like your mother.:manganr:

Linos and AnthonyTheAbyss like this.
  11. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

That happens WAY more often than you might think.

I took the easy route and married

my sister.

ultrahesh likes this.
  12. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

quoted for truth

13. Flip Tripper

Flip Tripper Huge member JDBA Official Member

Damn! Imagine the wounds that kris can inflict! 13 waves right? Fuckin killer shit man!:thumbsup:

14. Bali-man

Bali-man JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That knife is beautiful but as for the inserts they are just as wonderful:manganr::thumbsup:

15. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Here is a 29 with slots (deluxe handle option).
    [​IMG]

Linos likes this.
  16. kizuf

kizuf czechee ďábel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm not fan of the look of these slots, but the 5" cutlass blade is badass. Is it high polished?

17. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

Metlman,
    now that is what i'm talkin bout!!
    Is that Ti??
    if so, do you happen to know the weight??
    That's the same pattern i've got in mind for mine, with CF inserts.
    AND i think i've finally sourced some suitable damascus for mine now too:yuna:

18. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Whoa i didnt know you could request certain blade finishes. The blade blanks are going off to heat treat now by the way guys. Hes still finishing up a somewhat big order for some other dudes right now so there is probably going to be 3 months from now.

19. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

This one is all Stainless Steel. It is much lighter than the standard holes. I don't have it with me right now, but it is about 20% heavier than a standard handle in Ti.

The handle is satin and the blade it mirror polished. Very easy to hold--similar to an ArcAngel feel.

20. xuesheng

xuesheng Huge member

Another shot of the bowie with it's inspiration...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012