1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

29 Knives Kick Ass!

xuesheng Dec 8, 2012

1. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

1) I love Vietnamese coffee. :caffeine:

2) Don't air your laundry in public - makers and buyers alike. :badidea::laundry:

3) 29s are some of the most bad-ass balisongs known to man.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nathan Dewey likes this.
  2. xuesheng

xuesheng Huge member

No, deluxe skeleton is not available with Ti handles.

3. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

What is a deluxe skeleton? Any one has a pic or 2. Thanks.

4. DBIII

DBIII Little member

Those CF handles are absolutely beautiful knives to me.......someday I will have one. I sure do like my PAB though for right now.

5. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I would have liked to see these! :jdwink2: :manganr: :ropeman:

6. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

The deluxe skeleton models have two small holes between the large holes......think 4X series from BM.

7. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Slightchance. It can be acrylic tortoise if you dont mind and its better on our little reptile doods that way for the same price as the insert price.

I actually had no idea what deluxe skeleton was until now. Thanks for clearing that up Brandon.

8. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

I can't wait to get mine!! I wouldn't mind having a deluxe skeleton now that I know they make em like that!! :manganr:

9. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I love the deluxe skeleton look but why would anybody get that for a custom? The last thing I want my custom to look like is a BM4x series bali. But that's just MHO.

10. kizuf

kizuf czechee ďábel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I guess, it's the quality - the same reason you would get a Samson's skeletonized custom back in the day.

EDIT: And I mean of course if you like the look of the skeletonized handles...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  11. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Chris coincidently started doing these as a higher quality homage to the balisongs of that era. It kind of morphed into his own unique thing as he got into Filipino swords and knives.

I think I want one with double birds eye burl maple inserts and a Gayang blade.

I still owe myself a new CGK though before I buy anything else.

12. papercut

papercut KILLACANE JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

That's why, IMO.

13. WyldStyl3

That looks like a Balibalistic.

14. papercut

papercut KILLACANE JDBA Official Member

That's because it is buddy. :jdwink2: But it is also a custom with deluxe skeletonizing. :thumbsup:

15. WyldStyl3

Ok cool. I was just making sure! That was exactly my point about them too!! :manganr:

16. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Man, you could put two twigs on a Balibalistic blade and it'll still be gorgeous. Not a fair way to shoot down my opinion about the deluxe skeleton handles!!! LOL.

17. WyldStyl3

LOL, you got a point!! :bwah:

18. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

KaOsBlAkBlAdE Huge member JDBA Official Member

skeletonized "holes" here, I thought the question was regarding "slots"

Whoever said deluxe slots weren't available in Ti from 29 might wanna check their info. I've got one on the list for 5" gayang, Ti (deluxe slots) with CF inserts.

19. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

KaOsBlAkBlAdE Huge member JDBA Official Member

And as for my reasoning behind the Deluxe slots on a custom,........simple,.........weight reduction.
    29 makes a pretty beefy channel style, so in an effort to keep the weight down on the 5" package I opted for slots. The slots seem to be the method for removing the most handle material. Couple that with the CF inserts and I'm hoping for a 5" channel somewhere around 6 oz. (maybe less). The only thing at this point i've been told Chris won't do, is slot the backsides of the handles (ala BM239). so, depending on the finished weight, i may have to have some extra work done to get the weight i'm after.

20. kizuf

kizuf czechee ďábel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I did, but I said it was at the time I asked Chris Olofson. He told me he was not offering deluxe in Ti at that time.
    Btw. I wanted deluxe skeletonized, because I like skleletonized and I already had two 29's with standard hole pattern, I wanted it slightly different.

Here's one '29 Benchmade' for Anthony :bwah:
    [​IMG]