1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

29 Knives Kick Ass!

xuesheng Dec 8, 2012

1. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

Girls, girls, you're both pretty. :devilroll:
    This seriously needs to stop. I have no idea why you appear to hate eachother and I personally don't have the energy or attention span to care.
    Go to the pit if you have to...ENOUGH!

On topic:
    A 29 beast with an ethnic grind would pay for barebones in no time.

2. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

This is none of your business, but if it were to be, how do you feel about a made to order custom that cancels when the money is due?

3. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

I am all for an alpha beast with a crazy grind! Yall have seen that 29 kris with an unground spine right? I would love to see something similar with just one edge. Full Flat Ground Kris! A kris you can flip alongside your other traditional edged balis yet still have that classic kris balisong cool vibe.

Shit I might just have someone make me up one anyway.

And the JDBA just wouldnt be the same without a fight going on somewhere.

4. Nathan Dewey

Sell to someone else at a reasonable discount. Not to be apologetic to either side, but cancellations happen. Poor planning happens. I had a handfull of people on my list cancel recently, but then again, they didn't lead me along. All that is required is a "please take me off the list, I can't afford it" or a "can you post-pone my order?" and I move on to the next guy.
    How much of this is relevant to someone of Chris' position, I don't know.

5. accurate

I don't know either, but that's not the point. If any asshole with a farfetched idea can reasonably expect a skilled maker to build them a knife, which they will not accept delivery of, then there is a problem. If you don't see that as a problem, I would suggest that you have a very limited understanding of how custom knives are bought and sold, especially those that are bought and sold repeatedly.

6. SlightChance

I am curious on who is going to buy that knife with that weird ass blade. I am sure the part that is sharp can shave hairs though.

anyway, back to skyrim!

7. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

where do you people get your info from?

I never "canceled" my order. Dave simply couldn't wait any longer on the knife he was holding for me so I let him sell it to someone else.

8. Nathan Dewey

Understood. (both sides)
    My policy:
    Charge after finished, ship after paid.
    If you place an order, you should be prepared to pay in full when the payment is due and if you can't, post-pone the order.

9. accurate

You ordered something you couldn't pay for. Instead of making excuses, you should shove your own head (up to the shoulders) up your own ass.

Better yet, you could make a public apology to Dave, and issue a PSW (Public Service Warning) to all the other halfwits who think what you did is ok.

A CUSTOM order is exactly that. You say go, you own it.

10. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

go get laid or something, might help your blood pressure

11. accurate

I've been married for almost 10 years. I have more orgasms than you have brain cells.

12. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Man FUCK this drama. Accurate gets mad laid, and Uz4u doesn't get paid. There, can this shit and lets talk 29's.

Here's some eye candy for yall along with the price list , again I don't work for Chris. I just like his shit and he's nice to me so I try to do business with him as much as I can afford to.

Clips are +$75, Ti is +$300. I get PM'ed a lot for those two add-ons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Accurate & Loosey: for anybody who stiffs me, I sell their knife, keep their deposit, and I spend it on 5 lapdances at the same time at the nearest vietnamese "coffee shop" and I send the fucker pics of me having fun with their money. Note: my lady will be there pointing and laughing at you.

[​IMG]

Nathan Dewey likes this.
  13. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hey Nathan ..i know you don`t get deposits down :manganr: and i do the same with my lowly $20 sheaths :manganr: but when you get to higher numbers $$$ all knifemakers get deposits and it`s mostly for the materials so if someone flakes on them they don`t have to eat the cost of them (materials)... nobody knows if that custom piece will appeal to someone else or if by change it does how long it will be ..and that`s the truth of it.
    In my opinion Chris must have a heart of gold...i never...ever in all these years dicking around with knives heard of a knifemaker returning a deposit..
    i am also almost sure most if not all of the guys who cancel on you do it when you PM them that you are ready to start on their knife....no?

14. Linos

how much for the Asian chick? :tardrule:

15. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

I never asked for my deposit back from Dave, he just told me he was sending it back, I just told him to keep it.

16. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

$20, 3 songs. Plus they pour your alcohol for you and sit down to chat for a little. Come to CA bro, well go on a bender on me.

Here's to hoping someone flakes :bwah:

17. Nathan Dewey

Correct. Early in my list I did "pre-fab" a few bali's based on the given specs and I wound up with unwanted stock a couple times because of it.
    I have no issues with the idea of charging deposits, I just haven't gotten there yet.

Linos likes this.
  18. Linos

...i never said you did....

19. Linos

...so i have to cum up with $100.....:devilfinger::thumbsup:

Chris_Himself likes this.
  20. SlightChance

That was money well spent. I just turned 21 on thanksgiving so the past couple of weeks have sort of been a bender for me lol.

Oh man... there are so many choices for inserts....

edit: new dream balisong, double insert tortoise shell, hidden pin, laring blade. that one is going to be next. if i can find some legal tortoise shell.
    second edit: can he do deluxe skeleton with titanium? I would assume so.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012