1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

29 Knives Balisongs

Chris_Himself Jun 18, 2013

1. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

you can't teach this shit.

2. welderknifenut

welderknifenut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I made the order with Chishimself on March 2015,
    He took my deposit. Said everything was good, to wait it out the usual 5-7 month wait time from Chris O.
    I email Chris O yesterday he said to me via email,that he never got those orders put in for spring of 2015. Chrishimself had mentioned it to him but he never received the order spec's or money for deposits. And last he has had contact with Chrishimself has been Summer of 2015. I mentioned to Chris O about cutting and pasting our email, conversation with him here, but he said he did not want me to do it. In his words he belived me and this other guy have been ripped off by Chrishimself.

3. welderknifenut

Chris O does not have any deposit money as he has stated in this paragraph.:devilcorn:

4. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Stallion Rooster JDBA Official Member

The plot thickens
    :devilcorn:

5. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Just wondering, how much were these "deposits" ?

6. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

$105 a person to cover a $100 deposit + PP fees, I will refund Welderknifeknut, I will find my post office receipt for the money order when I have time, I've working 12 hour days. I did send the money out. Those who keep in touch w/ me or have known me over the years know that I am better than this, those who don't, thats ok too. One of the knives on the list I have goes to some staff at my former company so it's not the one person making a big deal that I'm necessarily trying to "dodge", it's much more than one person's grievance w/ the knives that I am shouldering. Welder is an upstanding person, he contacted me in private before resorting to this, I harbor no hard feelings and I will make him whole out of my own pocket.

My standing here is the most important thing and I will right any perceived wrongdoings to make myself and others whole. Anything else would be unacceptable.

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  7. welderknifenut

That is all I wanted Chris a little honesty and communication. It's understandable that you work hard and time is not on your side sometimes, but people don't forget what they are waiting for and sometimes you just gotta let them now what is up. Sorry for calling you a piece of shit.

8. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

this sort of thing with this many people spread out requires better record keeping.

journals; digital or notebook, should be kept and maintained. regular communication with all involved (the buyers and builders) should be maintained.

people needing to find out on a public forum that they aren't getting their knives is more than embarrassing. it's a big let down for the individual who has been counting the days to get that prize.

we need better effort and follow through in the community.

WalkingTree likes this.
  9. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

No problem dude! :thumbsup:

I'm assuming Chris is working on the orders? Did you hear about any estimated timeline from him?

exile82187 likes this.
  10. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm still curious why it's taking so long to get knives from Chris O. He was pretty much on schedule with my piece. Ordered at the end of October 2015. Received in April 2016. It did take 7 months from the first time I contacted him to get on the list though. Also he answered a lot of questions for me about cosmetic issues on his knives. Scratches and such. So technically it took a year and a month if you include time to get on the list.

11. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Huh ?

Huh, again ?:unintroduced:

Waiting :devilcorn:

:thumbsup:

12. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No Bueno....if you can't order from the maker themself maybe the knife isn't worth buying...

13. VashHash

That's the funny thing. You can order direct from Chris O. I'm not sure why there was a need for a middle man in the first place. I've contacted Chris O several times without issue. Asked to get on the list and he emailed me when it was open. Even snail mailed me the order sheet for blade styles and options. 29 Knives isn't the issue here it's Chrishimself. From what I gathered there isn't a group buy discount either. Which really makes it seem pointless.

14. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yeah I've always wondered this?

I just went straight to Chris O, no issues here either.

And did anyone ever find out what the hell happened with that order?

15. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

Chris_Himself was putting the group buys together in batches of around 20 knives per order.
    Chris O. was giving him a discount below the single knife price but was still making them to order.

Chris_Himself was passing the savings along to everyone to keep the prices lower for all involved :thumbsup:

16. VashHash

Good to know. I wasn't aware of any discount.

17. welderknifenut

I wasn't aware of any discount, or didn't want any. I simply stumbled upon this thread at the time, saw that it was easier to contact Chrishimself than Chris O. Put 100% faith in Chris's reputation here and gave him my deposit money thinking that I would score a 29 easily with Chris's help. Chrishimself seemed to be interested and devoted to this Bali community back then, which in this time frame he appears not to anymore. He has not even contacted me either about refunding me my deposit, which I kind of don't care for any more. Moving along in my Bali life.

18. Ronlad

Ronlad Vox Diabolus Administrator

Let's get everyone paid back, and move on from this with a life lesson learned.

If money exchanged hands as a deposit and nothing came from it you definitely owe them Chris. (Himself)

19. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Are we making any progress with this?:devilcorn::ropeman:

20. welderknifenut

He hasn't wished me a happy thanks giving yet.:ropeman: