1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

24kt Replicant

kenshiro Feb 6, 2015

1. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

Very cool idea Kenshiro :thumbsup: I'm not a big fan of gold, but that actually looks pretty awesome. Especially if you can smooth out the rough areas

2. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Gooooooooooold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bwah::manganr::devilcorn:

3. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

This bali is

[​IMG]

4. kenshiro

kenshiro JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

5. knifezoid

knifezoid Bladerunners Systems -=BRS=- Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nardath... are you doing mods again?

Didn't we tell you to put your glue gun away?

Masharp81 likes this.
  6. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Yeah. He did, but then he picked up the soldering iron again

7. McCoy1996

McCoy1996 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Gold leaf actually requires a sealer. Just an acrylic clear coat, or a few, depending on the application. If there is no coat, then it will come off pretty easily.

[​IMG]

Gold leaf will typically come in booklets. Pain in the ass to transfer free leaf from a booklet to your project... When I was into calligraphy I would use this stuff Here. It's imitation, but a hell of a lot easier to work with. Comes stuck on a sheet of wax paper. Just set your glue, let it get tacky, lay the sheet down, press hard, let it dry, then peel. Pretty fun stuff.

8. nachosun

nachosun Huge member

WOW it looks real awesome :manganr:

A real eye popper if that makes sense :devilzeek:devilzeek:devilzeek

9. Dead-On

Dead-On Grateful Member JDBA Official Member

[video=youtube;AD3Stmvjv2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD3Stmvjv2g[/video]

10. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

These came out a few years ago. They don't smoke worth a fuck from what I've seen in reviews and the gold leaf doesn't actually burn. At about $250 a stick and a terrible smoke I don't even want the "bragging rights".

[​IMG]

11. kenshiro

kenshiro JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's good that it's real gold leaf. Most gold leaf is plastic that goes up in flames REAL FAST, and if you put that on a cigar you'd probably end up looking a bit like this guy

[​IMG]

12. dmanvieth

dmanvieth Huge member

Harvey Dent from the Dark Knight