1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

2455 Iris St.

falcon125 May 15, 2015

1. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Finally got around to building Wifey-Poo her new house. Its been in the planning stages since 2007. Then the great Recession hit and it got put on hold.
    I surveyed it my self:thumbsup: and did the site layout.
    [​IMG]
    Took 4 weeks to get a digger to come and make a hole.
    [​IMG]
    He found a 12" PVC pipe running through the new foundation.
    [​IMG]
    Seems the ditch company moved the pipe 20 years back and did not record where it was.
    [​IMG]
    So I had to move it back away from the new house. Fun Fun Fun. 12" pipe is $10 a foot wholesale. Then the installation. And the rain rain rain. Finally got the caissons drilled today.
    [​IMG]

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Nice...Dirt?!! :ropeman: :devilcorn: :jdwink2:

3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

That sure is some pretty dirt. What happens when it rains? :bwah:

4. Myker

Myker Down For Life

Shit man, I barley get around to posting a comment let along building a fucking house! Good luck and congrats :thumbsup:

5. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

Nice. I have always wanted to build a house from the ground up.

You must make this a work in progress thread.

6. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Damn man... why didn't you just buy a house already on a lot or does 2455 Iris St. mean that much to you?

7. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

[​IMG]

Good thing you wore your safety vest so as to avoid being hit by traffic...... :jdwink2:

falcon125 likes this.
  8. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Don't make me cu..OW! Knife Maker or Craftsman

Would like to see the build thread.

9. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Believe it comes down to one word regarding that Gary.

"Mine".

As in, he owns it...

10. falcon125

MINE MINE ALL MINE (and Wifey-Poo) That and the Fucking VIEW will be fantastic when it is finished.. It also abuts my office property to the west. So when its finished I can Zip Line to work.

This is the build in action thread. Stay tuned.............................
    Same Bat time Same Bat channel.

11. falcon125

Fuck You. At least my feet weren't in the picture.

That's 2 caisson rigs, a concrete pumper and a concrete truck. Want to see the caisson's?
    Too bad they are under the ground. 20 feet into bedrock.:devilcorn:

12. falcon125

Foundation forms begin

[​IMG]

13. falcon125

Concrete coming Friday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Hey Falcon?

Wanna buy a good level...? :bwah:

15. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Well... I got to say... looks like you have the front door all framed out.

[​IMG]

16. falcon125

GBZ:Yes I will buy any level as long as its brass.
    Gary: That's the rough opening to the vault.
    Concrete finally came today. between the rain rain rain (I thought this was Denver not Boston) and the need for the pump truck there have been delays.
    [​IMG]
    today the concrete pump truck had a hard time with the overhead wires and delayed the concrete pour. I had 8 concrete trucks lined up on 2 streets waiting to dump.
    [​IMG]
    concrete never looked so good. Do you like that Honda generator? Its new. I let My contractor borrow my 25 year old Honda generator and the concrete guys chained it to a trailer with their Honda generator. Somebody came in the middle of the night cut the chain and made off with both generators. Not enough money to break the deductible on the builders risk policy so I got to buy a new one.
    [​IMG]
    step down for the garage door opening.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  17. falcon125

Been a long time

Since I posted progress pics.:devilcorn:
    I now agree with clydetz, why didn't I just buy a house. My inlaws told me to use Mel to dig the foundation and I did. Weather sucked we ran into a ditch line and Mel brought too little a digger to do the job proper.
    still I paid him 5K for the hole, the ditch pipe and a couple loads of gravel and squeegee (flofill, pipe base, fucking sand for those not in the industry)

Mel then decide he had better things to do than my silly little house and told me "Gene" of gene's construction would be finishing up the water, sanitary sewer and back fill. and Gene needs some money to get parts, BUT he's great honest straight guy. Mel's words. I give Gene $1500 and he cash's the check at a check cashing place. (should have been my first clue) Gene takes a week to get the water line in and does nothing on the back fill. Gene needs more money to finish so I give him $3500 to fix his backhoe and get sewer line parts. (this gets me thinking) Gene is not working on my site so I call him and inquire about his whereabouts. he says he was getting the permit that he told me he already had. Now I am livid. I flip out on Gene and Call Mel. Mel say's he's a good man and just having problems with equiptment.

Its late so I run a background check on Gene (which I do with all employee's or subcontractors that do not come highly recommended.
    http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-...tors/genes-construction-in-denver-co-48001105

This guy is a thief, a screaming rip off artist, the reason subcontractors have a bad rep. Not to mention a fucking hack pipe installer.

My inlaws get phone calls and emails stating "when you give a recommendation it your reputation on the line" Brother in Law #1 rips Mel (who is Father in laws friend of 40 years) a new ass. Mel gets 100k worth of business a year from brother in law #1.

Mel shows up and does backfill to help out. I check the site tonight and the sewer trench is in the wrong spot by 30' and dug on an arc, not straight.
    [​IMG]

My morning will be interesting.:cry:

18. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

Hope the BS gets worked out.

I use a case search for civil suits. Amazing what you can find about a contractor.

19. falcon125

Walls

Yippee Skippee lumber showed up
    [​IMG]

and framers the next day

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

View from the living room
    [​IMG]

20. falcon125

Fucking framers are awesome. Only the lead guy speaks English but banging nails is the universal language :thumbsup:
    Second floor is up, trusses are coming tomorrow and work is progressing nicely.
    [​IMG]

Gene showed up at my office today and wanted the rest of his money even though I have not inspected the sewer line and the backfill is not finished. We had words.:unintroduced:
    I took WifeyPoo and children up to the second floor for a walkthrough last evening. We are all so excited.
    [​IMG]

View from my bedroom deck.
    [​IMG]