1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

$160 for a used BRS BareBones V1?

bsooey Apr 25, 2018

1. bsooey

bsooey Tiny Member

I was speaking with someone online who was selling a BRS Barebones v1 for $160. I know that a BRS Barebones v2 goes for 225 on bladehq, and seems to be well-liked by users, which made me think this might be a decent price, but I'm not sure if there are any significant differences between v1 and v2. Does anyone have any information they might be willing to share?

2. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

V1 has slightly rougher edges.

That's about it.

Absolutely worth it.

desmodus likes this.
  3. bsooey

bsooey Tiny Member

Thanks for the info! I've been looking at a bunch of reviews and opinions on the BRS Barebones, it seems like the overall consensus is generally positive but there are some that seem to really dislike it. Have you owned one/do you own one and would you be able to speak to those at all? Some that stuck out seem to be that it's heavy and rough around a lot of the edges like you said. In general though, people say it's a great flipper and well-built in spite of the rough edges.

4. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Oh, also the V1 has a different blade shape. The balance is pretty similar either way though.

It's a great knife and you shouldn' be disappointed.

It is a little thin and heavy but nothing too bad imo.

Edit: to respond directly to your question, yes I own one and it flips great. I don't own a v2 but have flipped one and its pretty similar.

5. bsooey

bsooey Tiny Member

Gotcha, thanks so much!