1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

10 Balibalistics over at ACK

Caffiend May 26, 2021

1. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

He made a thread here on JD offering about 12 spots (from memory).

I was tempted to sign up at the time... but decided not to. I think I'd recently spent a whopping 400$ on a Bladerunners DD.

Anywho. He pretty much ghosted after the sign up and was incommunicado on the forums.

Only a small amount were ever made over the following year.. maybe 6 idk.

I know one guy who was waiting, but gave up years ago.

Balibalistic then popped up on IG and has been doing most of his business from there.

2. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

This mindset seems to pop up in all walks of life. I have experienced it in construction, home repair, auto repair/body shop, it seems like some people's brain just cannot fathom turning down the possibility of more money(even if it does the opposite pissing off people).

3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i see
    just a list
    he hadn’t actually taken money for the spots

a brs dd was a way more betterer choice

snache and laughingbuddha like this.
  4. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Just to set the record straight...

I've had customs from Shawn and I have talked with him personally. The guy is very nice, polite, down to earth, and cool to talk with. The whole issue with the Dedicated Flipper, specifically, I'm not really sure what happened. All I know is that there were other things/people involved and it isn't cut/dry. I talked to a few people about it but the exact details have left my memory.

I admit that should have done better at communicating. But I wouldn't put him in the category of being a bad person. Guess he just got tired of all the drama and left the forums (went to IG).

***All this is years ago...he might be beating up little babies now for all I know

snache likes this.
  5. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'd offer it to them. I've seen them accept offers that were significantly less than their asking price.

6. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

there is worse drama on ig

snache and Shawnjohn999999 like this.
  7. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

He is a brand now. Good for him. Supply and demand. Wow free enterprise works.

apdallaround and snache like this.
  8. Caffiend

Caffiend JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I second this, I watched a Bb steadily come down in price and when it got closer to where I was, I emailed them and the next week they marked it pending for me

I can see some of the 10 that are now listed will come down also

Also I hope that the seller got a decent cut on the 25% consignment fee for the multiple listings

apdallaround and snache like this.
  9. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

I'd rather have a Marlowe. I have an Arashi with a BB blade. Really great.

10. Caffiend

Closest Marlowe I have is a Benchmade 53 (designed by) Marlowe

Bbs prices have gone down about 10%

snache and apdallaround like this.
  11. Baliman987

Baliman987 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Rather just hit him up and have something made straight from him? Lol. People can ask whatever they want on AKC and there’s plenty of stupid people with money.

I was at the 2019 NYCKS and I was curious to see what they would give me for one of his channel bali’s and they didn’t even know who he was so they couldn’t make an offer. That’s pretty much when I knew they had no gauge on the market.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    snache and Balibuyer like this.
  12. dstyle

dstyle Average member

I am surprised to hear that about shaun not honoring a list sign up. I bought one of his first balis off of him and he was one of the nicest sellers i had dealt with. Super down to earth, and nice guy. I had been away from balis for almost 15 years and coming back i was happy to see his stuff selling for so much. Going off my admittedly hazy memory i think i paid 250 for his #4 balisong. I remember thinking he was going to be big because his grinds were insane.

snache likes this.
  13. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Mind you I have been away from the scene for some time.. but when balibalistic started doing the dedicated flippers, that is the point he seemed to change. Old balibalistic was pretty much the gold standard in terms of what the community viewed the top Bali custom.

snache likes this.
  14. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

It has been a while man. Last time I heard from you Kate Upton was still hot.

***I've missed that gif lol

15. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Lots of balis. I want a purple.

snache likes this.
  16. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Yeah man it is nice to be back. Ended up falling from the scene for a little bit. Was trying to save money :mutley:
    You know how it goes though,
    "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Shawnjohn999999 and snache like this.
  17. Caffiend

Well either someone made a buy-all offer or they’ve been all withdrawn

snache likes this.
  18. Mastema

Mastema Little Member JDBA Official Member

They aren't listed as sold so probably withdrawn.

Caffiend and snache like this.
  19. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

3000$ buys a lot guns, 45$ worth of materials for 3000$..... not sane on my book and i've done it ,,,then sold it.Your money your thrill.

Shawnjohn999999 and snache like this.
  20. No_cuts_no_glory

No_cuts_no_glory Little Member

Well the hole pattern handles design is kind of public domain. There's pictures of vintage balisongs from parker i believe that look just like 4xs and going back even more there's filippino brass sandwich balis made in the 70s/80s with the same type of handles. His newer designs are really good flippers actually but for the old ones yea they are definitely too heavy, 8.something ounces, it's almost 2 krakens

snache and Shawnjohn999999 like this.