1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Why are Italian Stilettos so dull?

AerialMorpho May 26, 2017

1. guiltyspark

guiltyspark Little member

Not sure but it is most certainly true. I love the older and the better quality new Italian style auto's, but after years of owning them I feel that the traditional design is just not that great. They're cool and perhaps good for stabbing, but that's about it. They don't really cut well or make a good EDC IMO. But they look awesome!

GS

sam eib likes this.
  2. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

My smart assed guess would be because they haven't been sharpened.

3. Jonathan Neville Jr.

Jonathan Neville Jr. Tiny Member

It's a stiletto meant for stabbing, not cutting. Also they usually have soft steel, so if you actually were to stab someone (in self defense obviously haha) the blade would be less likely to break if it hit a rib or something. With such a thin blade, hard steel would be brittle it would break very easily if you hit a rib.

sam eib likes this.
  4. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

Well, we sure wouldn't want that to happen now would we.

5. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

While not a true Italian Stiletto protechs are always sharp as hell. I would not want to be cut from my flyfather which is the same shape as the godfather line, and also you have there don line.
    [​IMG]