1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

When do you carry a spare magazine?

Tony8179 Jul 18, 2018

?

When do you carry an extra magazine

1. Always

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Sometimes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Never

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

I was having a conversation with a buddy who does not carry a spare magazine ever (he also keeps his chamber empty, but that’s another story). I usually carry an extra, but if I’m running out for something quick, most of the time I’ll just have my pistol and no spare. I know I need to get better about that and always carry a spare. So, I was just wondering if you guys always carry a spare or not?

2. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Spare stays in the truck.

Warthog likes this.
  3. Syd

Syd Tiny Member

I hardly carry a spare magazine unless it's in the winter when I can add layers of clothing / a heavier jacket.

4. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

If I'm carrying a 1911 (or any semi auto) I have a spare mag on my belt. If I'm carrying a revolver I have a speed loader in my pocket. You just never know and it's minimal weight-wise.

5. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

When I went on a trip I had a couple extra mags in the truck. Everyday carry I did a couple times... that didn't last long. I move in very small hemispheres so... no extra mag.

6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade RTFM JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Depends on the gun.

VANELLI likes this.
  7. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

If carrying a semi-auto I carry two extra magazines on my belt. With a revolver (seldom carry one) it’s two reloads.

Why? It’s how I’ve been trained.

dymond47 likes this.
  8. Tony8179

Curious if anyone has any experience with the Neomag pocket clip? I just ordered one and it seems like a decent method to carry an extra mag.

9. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

How is that clip on the neomag ? And does it come off easy and the clip stays on your belt?

10. Tony8179

I got it a couple days ago and I like it. It definitely stays put in your pocket since the tension on the clip is pretty tight. The magnet holds the magazine in place pretty firmly, but the magazine draws easily from the pocket.

The Neomag works next in pockets like jeans have where the seam of the pocket is parellel with ground since this type of pocket allows room on the sides of the clip in order to easily grab the magazine. On pants with pockets like slacks that run perpendicular to the ground the Neomag doesn’t perform quite as well and is not as comfortable to carry in pocket.

dymond47, Rio and seandavid55 like this.
  11. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Got it Tony, thank you for the information, is very helpful.:thumbup::thumbup: