1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What makes you a "Knife Guy"

Blade HQ Aug 17, 2015

1. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Huge member

I'm not a knife guy, my knives are people blades.

zogglet likes this.
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Aku of Texas Super Moderator

$60000

3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

36 Robbie Daltons ,
    13 Medfords,
    11 Busse's
    6 fiddlebacks
    8 new bali's and growing
    3 microtechs
    1 zombie Tool
    Bark/river up the ass
    BHK a few
    Customs too many to name.

Shit forgot my neck knife collection another time.

But I don't have a problem other than I don't have enough knives .

4. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

Maybe it is the obsessive collecting. I can quit any time, though.

crogers and begreen61 like this.
  5. sgt Merrey

sgt Merrey Little member

My life long love of knives,swords hawks and most things that cut.A fairly large collection 100+ pcs,and the guy that always has a least 2 knives on myself at any given time.

begreen61 and crogers like this.
  6. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

I always say I have enough knives and won't buy anymore, but that doesn't last long.

begreen61 and crogers like this.
  7. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

I remember when I was 9/10 years old I spent the summer with my grandparents just outside Rapid City, South Dakota. Every morning we would get up at about 0530 and go for a bike ride for about 10 miles up to the rest area along 90 by Sturgis. We would sit there and he would use his buck 110 to cut up some cheese and crackers and then would sit there with a cup of coffee, the sunrise, my granddad whittling away, munching on some crackers and cheese. By the end of the summer he had let me start carrying his 2-Dot Buck 112 on these rides. I would get to cut my own summer sausage and cheese and sit there whittling with him. When I left at the end of the summer I had purchased a Gerber Gator and carried that for years till it fell out of my pocket on a boat and was gone. Then when grandpa died he left me that same Buck 112.

I have moved away from carrying folding knives, however that one carries a special place in my heart. It still has that same dull as hell convex edge he put on it from running it over a metal "stone" every day, and I think the blade is about half an inch shorter than the height of a blade these days. But it still lives in the corner of my knife drawer and I see it every day.

sam eib, desmodus, woodlander and 3 others like this.
  8. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Aku of Texas Super Moderator

Your knife story and mine are pretty similar

C-Bear likes this.
  9. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

I would imagine several people's stories here would be. It's funny though, it was my mom's dad that I spent the summer with. Turns out my dad (born and raised around Chicago in the 50's/60's) isn't really into knives. He for a long time thought of them as weapons and didn't like me carrying them at all. Then I got him a Spyderco Bug Knife and put it on his key chain. He started finding SO many uses for it. Then he started buying them in bulk and handing them out like candy it was pretty funny. My mom on the other hand bought a Ka-Bar Becker 17 and carries it in her purse.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  10. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Add 8 more totaling 16 Bali's sense this last post another two more on its their way ,,and still don't have enough WTF,,,I might be poor but I'm rich in knives

sam eib likes this.
  11. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

I'm getting better! It's been two weeks and I haven't bought a cheap knife.

begreen61 and desmodus like this.