1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

What are your plans for the New Year? Personal Goals? Resolutions? Etc

Stu Dec 26, 2017

1. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

You try CBD oil? It helps my depression / anxiety.

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  2. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

A few more developments. I did alot of thinking whilst on my holiday in Mallorca, had to take it easy the first week as I hurt my back the week before I went, and was in agony. Apparently, conditions like depression etc can manifest themselves in physical injuries, too.

I got home, and on my second day back at work, came to the conclusion that listening to people moan all day IS getting me down. Then I said something shocking to myself, and later Colleague Support, and my boss.

I said. I DON'T FEEL LIKE I HAVE ANY JOB SATISFACTION.

They were both horrified and after a long chat with wonderful Alicia in Colleague Support, she arranged a Counsellor for me to chat to to help me deal with the down n dark feelings. My 1st appointment is Thursday.

If I'm honest, I struggled ALL week but thought I'd covered my tracks quite well, but at 5.00pm on Friday, my two line Managers called me into the office and said that as I was clearly unhappy, and the job just wasn't for me, they were letting me go.

At this point, i was tearfully begging them not to make me leave, but my boss said he was worried I was going to become unwell and was concerned that any progress I made with my counsellor would be undone if I got a difficult call.

So, I left. But on Saturday I emailed 8 senior officers of the company, thanking them for my time there and saying how devastated I was to be leaving. I hate working in Customer service but would welcome a move to another area of the business.

The owner of the company emailed me back wishing me well in the next chapter of my life, and 30 mins later I got a text from a director who's currently dealing with the Chairmans emails (2IC of the company!) asking if I could call him. I did and he's asked me in for a chat tomorrow to "see where we go from here".

I'm not getting my hopes up, but as they know how badly I want to stay with the firm (albeit in another role), I'm sure he's not so cruel as to drag me in just to say Goodbye and Good luck.

Fingers crossed, eh?

desmodus and Kelper like this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus puta de corazón frío Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Sounds like it could well be a better path that you didn't expect.

Kelper likes this.
  4. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

On Wednesday morning I had a missed call on my mobile phone, then I got a text asking me to phone him and it was the Manager of Installations Dept. They liase with third part installers and the stores and follow up to check that customers are happy with the kit that's been installed.
    Well,,,,,,,,,,,his "assistant", Dani, is expecting a baby so goes off on maternity leave in a week or so and he needs to cover her, so he's offered the role to me. It might only be 2-3 days a week, but I can get some extra hours from another dept by doing some test calls on the stores and, so long as I show willing, I'm sure they'll help me out wherever they can.

I went to speak to the Counsellor that they arranged for me on Thursday night (she's distractingly attractive!) and she was horrified to hear that I'd been effectively fired for being ill (stress or depression) and said they must've acknowledged the illness as they arranged her counselling session.
    We talked over a few things and agreed that the most negative influence on me was that particular role and we both think I'll flourish in the other dept.

desmodus and Kelper like this.
  5. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Stu, good luck to you hope it all works out. I hear UK life is rather hard now compared to 20 years ago. Hang in there if you can..maybe the lady will decide to be a stay at home mum..