1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Time Change

wes Mar 11, 2018

1. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Can this be the last time change please?

Completely forgot it was this weekend. Woke thinking I had slept in for the first time in months and then, after coming downstairs, was rudely surprised by my coffee pot saying, 'nuh uh'.

Thank you, artificial time changes.
    begreen61, ded i, Kelper and 2 others like this.
  2. Thanos74

Thanos74 Average Member

Yep, thought it was going to change tonight not last night, got up thought it was 9:30 an hour later I realized it was 11:30, thought to myself, ain't no way I've been up for two hours! Turned on my phone and discovered that the time had changed a day early!!! This shit sux!!! Ya know, some states don't even do the whole time change bullshit!!! What's the friggin point anyway? Just to eff up my sleep schedule? Just to throw off my enternal clock? Wtf!!!
    Kelper likes this.
  3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

You guys are missing The Big Picture....as we approach the Summer Solstice, the days start stretching out to their maximum daylight hours. The powers that be made the decision that an extra hour tacked onto the END of the day would be far more useful for the average citizen, rather than getting light at 3:30 in the morning, when most people don`t need it....
    So your internal clock hits a speed bump for a day or two....big fuckin` deal....the upside is, you get six months of extended daylight out of the deal.
    For the record, within the Continental United States, Arizona is the only one that does not observe DST. The US dependencies (Guam, Samoa, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, as well as Hawaii) do not observe.
    Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  4. Thanos74

Thanos74 Average Member

Yeah I guess I can see your point but where does it get daylight at 4:30 in the morning? I mean I live on the east coast and it's doesn't get light here till 7 / 7:30ish I go in at 6 So I actually could use the daylight then! Lol! I can see however that not everyone is up that early so it would be wasted on the majority.
    Kelper likes this.
  5. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Daylight is long enough in Canada during the summer either way. I drive to and from work in the dark all winter. I'd rather seem a semblance of daylight then. I've lived where it is nearly 24 hours of sun with nearly 24 hours of dark. That sucks, too.

Personally, I think I'd like 12/12 like on the Equator.

The documented issues that come from the change far outweigh the benefits.

If it's that much of an issue for many, split the difference, move half an hour, and let's move on.
  6. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

It was once explained to me thusly...

If a man takes a blanket and cuts a foot from the top of the blanket, then sews it onto the bottom of the blanket, the blanket is longer!

Makes perfect sense for the guvmint types. :bwah:

The whole point of DST is so office workers have an extra hour for golf after work. [​IMG]
    begreen61, Kelper and Thanos74 like this.
  7. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

'Florida lawmakers have passed the "Sunshine Protection Act." The bill would make daylight saving time permanent all year long in the Sunshine State.'

Fine with me. The name of the bill is funny :bwah:
  8. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I hate the change but being sick didn't notice the change and for the most part all my clocks change for me so I guess it don't matter ,,dogs didn't notice either this year
    Thanos74, crogers and Kelper like this.
  9. tonk

tonk JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I travel alot and change time zones quite often
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Thanos74 and crogers like this.
  10. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Lets just take 'Spring Forward" time; dial it back by 1/2 hour and call it quits.
    crogers and Thanos74 like this.
  11. Thanos74

Thanos74 Average Member

I second that motion!!!
    El Gringo and crogers like this.