1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Thread Deleted: No clones???

warfront1 Jul 24, 2018

1. warfront1

warfront1 Huge member

I posted a thread last night that seems to have been deleted for the following reason: No clones.
    It was about a fake/clone benchmade 4x I had bought, and posted up what I thought about it.
    In any case, the the thread was deleted, and I can't seem to find the location where this rule is enforced.

In fact, I actually bought the fake due a thread I read a year or two back on this very website.
    Could someone point me in the correct direction, of where I can read this rule and others I may not be aware of?

Also it's a bit of a shame something like this can't be discussed.
    I've always viewed JD as a hub of knowledge, especially for balisongs.
    Good/Bad/Indifferent the market segment exists, and would be great to discuss in a place that seems relevant.

Thanks,
    Warfront1

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

I don't recall seeing a "formal" rule against discussion but, it is strongly discouraged.

There IS a rule against selling clones on this site.

I did find this older thread. Maybe it, or one of the Mods, can enlighten you further.

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/more-stupid-bali-clone-links.122070/

It has been discussed, ad nauseam, the damage done to retailers, makers, users, etc. etc. etc. We generally have nothing to say about the subject.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Ben., Kelper and BennytheBlade like this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

i deleted it because it mentioned where you had gotten the clone. at the time it was easier than edited and explaining.

talking about them itself is not necessarily bad but you do have to be careful what else is in the post.

i hope this makes more sense.

Kelper and crogers like this.
  4. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I understand buying a 4x clone over a legit 4x (being that the 4x is now WAY overpriced), If you are just wanting a unique design and to see what it's all about. But if you want a good flipper, there are so many options out there now used and new, that you really are better off saving up a little extra and getting the real thing and supporting those manufacturers.

Kelper likes this.
  5. warfront1

warfront1 Huge member

I can't help as to feel that that answer is a bit self-serving.
    All in all, I had a little over 30 minutes into the post, video, and pictures I took.
    It would have appeared more appropriate to remove one word from my post, and drop me a pm or note in the thread.

In any case, it sounds as if this content is allowed if I remove mention of the source I originated the fake from.
    Warfront1

6. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

I ran into the same thing when I joined (Many moons ago)

Clones are a nogo by most, and I want to say there is something on the rules (I know I saw it after I was contacted about it)

No buying/selling of them, Modifying is an "Iffy"

I think if you do your own comparison is ok(?) You can always ask the mods (Great people on here)

and there will always be someone willing to help you out. :D

BennytheBlade and desmodus like this.
  7. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Or tell you off whichever you decide(OP).

Spade115 likes this.
  8. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade RTFM JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

We (Mods) are generally ok with being asked a question or two, but it helps if you demonstrate that you spent 5 minutes and read the rules.
    If you are 1.New and 2. Demonstrate no knowledge of the rules and 3. Display a lack of humility, you arent going to go far.

More on topic, clones have been a problem for a long time. I own several lcc clones from back before this forum existed. But this was before the asian market got much better at making knives (and everything else) and started using better materials.

Spade115 and Guillermo like this.