1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movie/good movie. Don't rent this.. rent that.

Michelle Jul 6, 2008

1. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I missed it but will catch it digitally for sure

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Have any of you seen 'an idiot abroad'? A travel series from England that I found and it s pretty entertaining .I remember the travel channel are a while back and never caught it but it's on YouTube now.

Kelper likes this.
  3. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

No but think I should check it out NOW lol.

4. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Tiny Member

Everyone needs to see the Giant Gila Monster. Its the best terrible movie ever. I've never laughed during a "horror" movie before.

Spoiler, they use a bearded dragon and not a gila monster.

Kelper likes this.
  5. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

King Arthur -Legend of the Sword

8/10. Fairly action packed but as it was a guy Ritchie Film, all the dialogue was cockney/mockney rather than olde English. "Alright, Mike, me old son, how's it going" etc

Spoilt it a bit for me, if I'm honest.

NOT every film has to sound like "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells"

Kelper likes this.
  6. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

Classic MST3K fodder. But not the best bad movie ever. Certainly a good one though. Directed by Ray Kellog, who also directed "The Killer Shrews" (again, MST3K fodder), and co-director of ... "The Green Berets"? What the...

Kelper and desmodus like this.
  7. DrRollinstein

I've got The Killer Shrews sitting on my shelf, so i suppose i need to watch it now.

Kelper likes this.
  8. Stu

Idiot Abroad is just hilarious. Karl is such a deadpan, miserable sod that every challenge Ricky Gervais puts in front of him is met with the same lack of enthusiasm.

I like the one where he's in India visiting various Holy Men and especially one really old guy called "the laughing saint" -easily the happiest, most content person I've ever seen.

In another episode he was in China and was horrified when a local had a toad in a plastic carrièr bag and she just whacked it on the floor to Kill it then cooked it and tried to feed it to him.
    He was trying not to puke, and all he wanted to eat was his packets of "Monster Munch" that he'd travelled with. He's a pretty fussy eater!

He did another, similar show called "The Moaning of Life", and that's good, too.

BennytheBlade and Kelper like this.
  9. Kelper

Thanks..I watched a bit late in the night really enjoyed it. I will look out for The Moaning of Life too. Currently watching some great British shows on Britbox..not just soaps lol. Blue Murder is one seen a couple episodes. I enjoy that type of drama...

10. Stu

I'e never watched it but there's a police drama called Happy Valley starring Sarah Lancashire (Raquel out of Coronation St if you ever saw that!) and that's suppsed to be excellent.

Kelper likes this.
  11. Kelper

Thank you Stu. Really appreciate any suggestions for British shows. I can add that to my 'wishlist'. I get to see the three main soaps thankfully as my daughter watches them. Think Tim is forced too watch by his wife also lol. I need to be able to talk about something other than grandkids..

Ross Kemp did some good stuff which I binge watched instead of sleeping..same type of drama.

Gardeners World is showing now brings back tons of happy memories..I used to have green fingers..some day's you just miss part's of your life.

To complete my awake times Gordon Ramsey's shows the cussing the way Brits know best.

Hope life is good for you.

12. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

The Ricky Gervais show about his buddy Karl Pilkington traveling the world? Good show!

Kelper and BennytheBlade like this.
  13. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

"Sicario" (2015)
    A tense drama taking place along the lawless border between the US and Mexico, idealistic FBI agent Kate Macy (Emily Blunt) signs onto a multi-jurisdictional task force to combat rampant cartel activity in the area. Several of the players involved have shadowy and questionable pasts, which makes Kate unsure of the true nature of their quest. Strong supporting roles from Benecio Del Toro, Josh Brolin, Victor Garber, Jeffrey Donovan, and Jon Bernthal.

Kelper and desmodus like this.
  14. desmodus

desmodus puta de corazón frío Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

i just watched this.

i believe i heard somewhere that there will be a sequel?

i liked it.

Kelper likes this.
  15. DrRollinstein

Just watched The Truman Show for the first time, great movie. Probably my favorite Jim Carrey movie, after the Grinch of course.

Kelper likes this.
  16. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

Den of Thieves is a new action flick i just watched recently. I really liked it. i watched the rated R version. there seemed to be an unrated version that had 8 more minutes total. below is the trailer if you feel like watching.

waterdogs and desmodus like this.
  17. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Just watched:

"War Of The Worlds" (2005)

Tom Cruise is Ray, a divorced, blue-collar New Jersey dad who has his teenaged son, and 10-year-old daughter (Dakota Fanning) visiting for the weekend. Early on, a freakish lightning storm breaks out, and the lightning bolt strikes unleash huge alien tripods, which begin wreaking havoc on the city. Ray throws the kids in the van, and splits for safer ground.
    Great visuals, great action scenes, but the plot is a bit disjointed, and I could have done with less of Dakota Fanning`s annoying screaming. All in all, not a bad flick, just don`t expect too much from it....

ded i likes this.
  18. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

The EMP or whateverthefuck shuts down everything electronic...except for one dude's video camera before he's vaporized and the camera records the alien walker thingies. Also, Tom Cruise's watch stops working, but it's an Omega and it's mechanical, not battery powered.

And then there's that town or bridge or whatever, I forget. One guy has a gun? Really? The world is going to shit and only one guy has a gun? Riiiiight....

Towelie and desmodus like this.