1. If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

steaking knife (no not steak knife)

L R Harner Feb 21, 2017

1. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch"

XHP and curly koa (stabilized)
    10 inch blade low flex steaking knife .103 thick spine hollow ground on 4' dia. platen over all length is 15"
    the handle has a "coke bottle" grind
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sweet!

3. desmodus

desmodus Guano Loco Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nice bowl!

Oh and the blade is nice too :)

4. L R Harner

not a bowl 1 of 4 walnut steak plates i have made didnt sell so i use them now (was told 9.75 inch plate was too small) i will need to find bigger boards next time i try a set

5. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated Brigade Member

Now Thats-a Nice-a

6. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

I think if the rim of the plate wasn't quite so large it wouldn't have been an issue. It looks more like a charger plate than a dinner plate. Typically a dinner plate has a narrower rim so the design of the charger can show around the dinner plate.

As for the knife, my GOD! That thing is gorgeous! Can we get a head on shot of it to see just how thin it is?

7. Lapedog

Lapedog Little member

What exactly is a steaking knife? I love the colours in the handle though.

8. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

I believe it's the knife that is used to cut the steaks from the side of beef.

9. Lapedog

Lapedog Little member

That was my first guess as well.

Second guess was staking vampires.

10. L R Harner

yep for breaking down whole loin cuts into steaks
    that knife is long gone but i will try to take a picture of the other 2 i have for sale right noow