1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

So at midnight on 7/31...

Clydetz Aug 5, 2017

1. Clydetz

Clydetz straight and true Brigade Member

...Mo calls 911. My back is killing me! Sciatica!
    Two officers show up to assess if an ambulance is needed. I'm sitting on the side of my bed just moaning & groaning! One of the officers looks around the room & asks... "You collect kukris?" "Huh?"...says I as I look over to where he's looking...

IMG_6078.JPG

He whips out his auto Benchmade & fires it. Then I show him my EDC's & my latest fixed blade purchase. I only regret that I didn't get his name or model of Benchmade he had.

IMG_6073.JPG

We both had smiles on our faces as I hobbled in pain out to the living room & the First Aid Squad crew to be taken to the hospital. I just thought it was cool to meet an auto carrying officer of the law.

After a morphine drip, some blood work, tests, I was sent home. Mo & I got home on 8/1 at about 5am. Got an appointment to see my doc & hopefully get some lidocaine injected in my lumbar region!

2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Damn. Great story, hilarious really. Hope your feeling better.

3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You OK Gary,, ???that was cool about the officer,, Mo taking good care of ya I'm sure .

markandrex, crogers and Kelper like this.
  4. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

That's a lot of kukri's. Love the story but not the pain you must have been in. Mo is good for you.

begreen61, markandrex and crogers like this.
  5. Clydetz

Yep... Mo is very good to me. I'm still in some pain & just hobbled around all day grabbing onto the furniture so I didn't fall flat on my face! Managed to do 2 loads of wash, feed me & the dogs 3 times and let them outside 6 times to do their business. One more time with them outside & we all hit the sack! :shakie:
    I'm very glad I didn't have any autos of my own sitting around in plain sight! I remember saying to the officer that those 3 EDC's were the only knives I actually take out of the house but I forgot about the little SAK on my keychain. I also told him that none of the knives in my collection have any blood on them! I'm pretty sure he told me his auto had 'cut' him a few times.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    ded i, begreen61, markandrex and 3 others like this.
  6. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

It's always cool to meet another collector out in the wild.

Cool story!

ded i, begreen61, markandrex and 2 others like this.
  7. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Seeing Gary with THAT collection is very wild..he appears to be an avid collector of all things sharp.

markandrex and crogers like this.
  8. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Feel better!

begreen61, markandrex and crogers like this.
  9. Clydetz

Thanks, sir! I'm tryin'... I'm tryin' but it hurts & I ain't gettin' much sleep!

10. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

Nearly all of my knives DO have blood on them!

Mine!! :bwah:

Get betterer soon!

begreen61, markandrex and Kelper like this.
  11. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

Hate to say it but sometimes surgery is necessary, you probably will never be what you used to be but you'll probably be better than without it. Worked for me nut I'm still hurtin but I'm functioning

markandrex likes this.
  12. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Great story, hope you are on the mend.

ded i and begreen61 like this.
  13. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

I have never met a knifenut in the "real" world. Back pain sucks.

begreen61 likes this.
  14. Clydetz

Thanks all! Today I visited the orthopedic doctor. I didn't get much sleep last night & had much pain in my back & right leg. Got my outpatient injection surgery of lidocaine coming up soon... but not soon enough! I asked the doctor if I'll be able to play the piano after the surgery. He said... "Definitely!" I said... "Amazing! I've never played the piano in my life!"

ded i, begreen61, crogers and 7 others like this.
  15. Clydetz

Bad night tonight. The Vicodin ain't working! I'm watching "SpongeBob SquarePants" & trying to laugh.

Kelper and crogers like this.
  16. crogers

Get betterer G! Backs can be a bitch to heal up. Rest up and take it easy, as if you had a choice.

Here's a SpongeBob for your pain...

Forgiveness.jpg

desmodus and Kelper like this.
  17. Clydetz

Now... that made me laugh! :thumbup: But the pain is still there!

Kelper and crogers like this.
  18. Clydetz

Here it is Friday the 18th. Had the right side L4 & L5 transforamiani selective nerve root block done! Just means I was shot up with some lidocaine in my painful back vertebrae. Seems to be working... still some achiness present but I sure can tolerate it better & not swearing as much. :shakie: The dogs like me better, too!

Kelper, ded i, seandavid55 and 2 others like this.
  19. crogers

Cussing helps! :sign_cussing:

Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Kelper and ded i like this.
  20. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

I was reading this and holding my breath - So glad the shot worked and you're feeling better.

Kelper, crogers and Clydetz like this.