1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Replicant vs alpha beast

Fronrline May 16, 2018 at 10:20 AM

1. Fronrline

Fronrline Tiny Member

How does the alpha beast flip compared to a replicant?
    I have a cf replicant and it flips perfectly for me but I want something to carry with me since I don’t want to damage the cf.
    so like the title says should I get a alpha beast? Thanks

2. Turkeytooth

Turkeytooth JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I prefer the AB to the Rep, but those are my tastes. The only way for you to know what you like is to get an AB and log some time with it. See how it fits into your flipping style. If you got the bread to spend you can pick one up on the secondary market here.
    Cheers!

3. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

IIRC, the winner of last year's Bali-Comp flipped a Rep, so that's probably a ringing endorsement for how well it flips compared to the AB. In case you didn't know it yet, there ARE replacement scales available for the Rep from independent modders on IG that you can use to replace the CF, but I don't really know why you would. That would be a much cheaper option than going out and getting an AB, although adding another bali to the collection is never a bad idea!

Balibuyer likes this.
  4. Fronrline

Fronrline Tiny Member

Yea I’ve thought about replacement scales but idk if I want to deal with trying to get the screws out and potentially damaging my cf. I’ve Also considered just getting a beater rep but I would Like to try the AB

5. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

For flipping g i liked the rep, but I'm not any good. As an overall knife i like the ab best

6. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Yes.

***Your welcome:trixie:

Turkeytooth and desmodus like this.