1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Rebuilding a 1960 Apache 10

KaptainKürbstomp Nov 4, 2017

1. KaptainKürbstomp

KaptainKürbstomp Little Member

Hey devils! I thought that this community might be a place to share a project my dad and I started. A little bit of backstory - My great grandpappie passed away when I was a kid, and he left behind a couple of belongings. He was a phenomenal shot and had a collection of shotguns and a couple of handguns, as well as his 1960 Chevy, but he didn't want to have to split anything up between the family so he left his things to his brother. Great grandpappie's brother passed away a couple of months ago and that once again left the guns and truck to find a new home. Most of the guns ended up finding new homes within the family and then being sold off for a few bucks because they went to family members that didn't care about them, but, we ended up with something really special and cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We haven't had a chance to tear the motor down yet but it's a Pontiac V8. Unsure of what the displacement is, but boy wouldn't it be cool to build a 455!

[​IMG]

We found an older gentleman on craigslist that was selling some wheels and tires, and he wound up giving us the complete set for $250. Can't beat getting a set of wheels and tires cheaper than a Benchmade 42!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slowly ordering parts and getting things in order. Really, really excited to see how this turns out. I'll update this thread as it comes along in case anybody else is interested to see how it goes. It's currently got a 4 speed in it, and we'd like to convert it to 4 wheel drive as well so we could put more of the motor's power to the ground and make people cry even harder at stoplights. We'd also like to get it painted up to match grandpa's 66 Chevy II. All in all really looking forward to this project!

[​IMG]

Also, as a small bonus, here are some photos of his S&W Model 10! We managed to keep that one out of the wrong hands, and it's staying safely in the family. It's an absolute dream to shoot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VANELLI, Berkley, begreen61 and 2 others like this.
  2. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Nice PU! I think my dad's cousin had one when I was a kid. Great project! Please keep updating the thread.

3. KaptainKürbstomp

Thanks! Hoping we can get it to at least turn over soon but there's still work to be done!

Jim L. likes this.
  4. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Beautiful project.

Definitely keep updating.

Pete vargas likes this.
  5. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Love them old classic trunks ,they just look so cool ,,and loved my old stick on the column 3 speed standard 71 ford they were bad ass ,lost a trooper in one ,,,,man I did some stupid things when i wore a younger mans choths ,,love to see this project complete .

6. KaptainKürbstomp

Got some more updates today. Pulled all of the old, awful looking wiring out of the truck and started on installing a new wiring harness. Also took a couple more shots of the motor since I think it looks a lot better without all of the old wires hovering around it. We've got some solid plans for the wiring (IT profession helps with being super anal about managing cables) and also sprung for a really solid battery so it looks great and functions great. Really excited to hopefully bring it to life soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  7. KaptainKürbstomp

Had some time off work due to Christmas coming up and we got out into the garage today. Got some gauges on sale for 25% off online and built a face plate to mount them. Probably going to end up making another one in the same style but with some more refinement to ensure everything is aligned just perfectly, but we're both pretty happy with how it turned out. Wanted to take an asymmetrical approach to give it a bit of uniqueness

[​IMG]

Here is the original dash for reference

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. KaptainKürbstomp

Thought I would also go ahead and add some more pictures of the 66 in case there was any interest in that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

Plenty of interest I'm sure!!

10. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

love the ghost flames in the above picture awesome ,,keep em coming

11. KaptainKürbstomp

Been a bit since I've posted an update. Lots of waiting on parts and doing a little bit of work here and there. The motor in the truck turned out to be a 305 (bleh) so that's gonna have to go. Got the inside taken apart and sanded down, got a little bit of painting done in it as well. Currently need to do a lot of work on the dash and weld in some new pieces. Looking at building up a Vortec LQ4 or LQ9 to put in it but that's going to be a bit later on down the road. Here are some more progress pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also don't think I updated with a more finished version of the dash and gauges. Still need to make some slight modifications to it (turn signals, probably gonna put a bowtie on it too). Coming along slowly but surely!

[​IMG]

desmodus and BowtownBlade like this.
  12. Rover

Rover Rock N' Roll Outlaw JDBA Official Member

Lookin good and sick dash!

KaptainKürbstomp likes this.
  13. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

very cool thread. :thumbup:

14. KaptainKürbstomp

The interior is getting closer and closer. Hopefully it'll be complete fairly soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ninjaz7

Ninjaz7 Huge member

Sweet...reminds me of the times in my brothers 64