1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Puggy in CPM3v and Carbon Fiber

Matthew Gregory Jan 12, 2018

1. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

This is such a wonderful little knife.

It doesn't fit in any category. It holds limited purpose. The blade is short and stubby, the handle is full and fat, none of the details seem to match one another, and yet the overall form has a strange appeal that I just can't reconcile.

Really, just like a Pug. A nearly purposeless dog with bad dimensions that somehow wins you over with it's charm.

[​IMG]

For this one, the 3" blade is .200" thick Crucible CPM3v, hand satin finished, with a beveled spine and squidgey bit under the ricasso, and a hand-finished fuller. The simple oval guard is black G10, and the frame handle underneath the carbon fiber lace is carbon fiber, as well.

In order to break up the monochromatic appearance, I elected to use a pair of superb 'sakura' or cherry blossom menuki in gold plated sterling silver, and I think they push the knife right over the top.

Thanks for looking!

Rio, BowtownBlade, begreen61 and 2 others like this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

liking it too

Matthew Gregory likes this.
  3. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

I have a pug, I know what you mean. Great looking knife.

4. wes

wes Should be a custom title here

It has a timeworn look to it, almost like ‘grand dad’s’ well used pocket knife, as though it was cut down from a longer, broken blade ... if grandad was a samurai.

Cool knife.

5. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks, everyone!