1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Police Rescue Man Chased By A Baby Squirrel

ded i Aug 10, 2018

1. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

This little offender is just too cute!

upload_2018-8-10_15-2-3.png

German police have rescued a man after he called for help saying a baby squirrel would not leave him alone.

Emergency services received a call on Thursday from the man, who claimed he was being chased down the street by the tiny animal.

Police in Karlsruhe said the unnamed man called them in desperation after he was unable to shake off the small rodent.

Officers sent a patrol car out to investigate and arrived to find the chase still in full flow. But the drama ended suddenly when the squirrel, apparently exhausted by its exertions, lay down abruptly and fell asleep.

Officers took pity on the animal, which had probably become separated from its mother. Police said it likely targeted the man because it was in search of a new home.

“It often happens that squirrels which have lost their mothers look for a replacement and then focus their efforts on one person,” said Christina Krenz, a police spokeswoman.

She said the animals could be “very persistent, not just running behind someone, but entirely fixated on them. It can be pretty scary. The man didn’t know what to do and so he called the police. He was certainly feeling a bit threatened.”

But police on the scene appeared more amused than alarmed.

“A squirrel will be our new mascot, it will be christened Karl-Friedrich,” said the police write-up. “The squirrel has fallen asleep in fright.”

Krenz said: “It was just a bit of fun. The officers thought up a name that would suit the baby squirrel.”

Officers took the sleeping Karl-Friedrich into police custody, and then to an animal rescue centre, where it was said to be doing well.

Krenz said the rescue centre was looking after two other abandoned baby squirrels brought in on the same day for similar reasons, though theirs was the only case in which police have had to intervene.

2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

That's the same that happened to Des! :bwah:

ded i likes this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nono, I cut their home down and scared off their momma while it was snowing and raining. I almost didn't even take them but there was nowhere that I felt safe to leave them under the conditions.

I wasn't at first sure I could handle it but nobody else was available. I had to bring them to work with me every day for close to two months.

They have a large ferret cage indoors right now but next year I'm going to build them an outdoor enclosure and see if they maybe want to be released (find a mate).

Spade115, ded i, crogers and 2 others like this.
  4. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Love this

ded i and crogers like this.