1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Sheath

Newguy602 Mar 25, 2018

1. Newguy602

Newguy602 Tiny Member

Decided to try my hand at leather work. Made a couple of items to get the hang of it before I started this. Took about 5-6 hours which included making the pattern. Both the H.O.M. and the beard comb fit a little tight so I am hoping it will stretch to the perfect fit.

Attached Files:

2. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Thanks for sharing.

3. Newguy602

Newguy602 Tiny Member

Think I jinxed myself by posting these pictures... Last night I went to use the H.O.M., dropped it on the hardwood floor and broke the tip. I wasn't even flipping it :(

4. leatherman

leatherman Beelzebub's Leathersmith Knife Maker or Craftsman Super Moderator Brigade Member

That is a nice combo kit! Sorry to hear about the accident though.

Jim L. likes this.
  5. Newguy602

Newguy602 Tiny Member

Thank you! I really like it. Got tired of these two items getting repositioned while walking around at work.

Jim L. likes this.
  6. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Looking good. Congrats on picking up the thread and making what you wanted. Feels great to add another skill to the toolbox dont it?

Jim L. likes this.
  7. Newguy602

Newguy602 Tiny Member

Thank you Ryanol! It is a great feeling when something comes out nice. Made a sheath for my OKC TAK1 and was cursing the whole time. Almost tossed it three times but kept telling myself "just finish it. Even if it turns out badly, you will have learned form it."
    Your tooling looks awesome and to be quite honest, your posts was that final encouragement to go do it. So far I have made a Mag holder, OWB Holster, this pocket sheath, the sheath for the TAK1 and a can koozie(However it is spelled) for my wife. Waiting on a side of leather to come in at which point i will be making a couple of belts and probably a hand bag for my Grandmother. Figure after that I will try to tackle tooling a nice seat for my Harley.

Jim L. and Ryanol like this.