1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pleasantly suprised by Bear ops b400CF

caseyedwards Oct 11, 2017

1. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Little Member

I used to have the mindset of "If it isn't top of the line it isn't worth buying". I recently picked a "Bear ops B400 Carbon Fiber" and I have to say I absolutely love this thing!

I've been wanting to buy a replicant, ab, hom, squid, 42 and a bunch of other balis but, seeing as they're pretty tough to come across I decided to pass the time I'd pick one of these up! I paid around 100.00 for it and have been flipping it like crazy! Only downside is the tang pin fell out and for the life of me I can't find it. Other than that this thing has been a tank.

Which brings me to the question.

If you have one what do you think.
    If you don't have one would you buy one? why or why not?

PS I'm new to forums. Please forgive any mistakes I may have made.

VANELLI and needler420 like this.
  2. benzen12

benzen12 Tiny Member

3. benzen12

benzen12 Tiny Member

Sorry, got trigger happy. Also new to the whole forums thing. I've never had a bear ops knife. But my first real Balisong was a bear and sons damascus tanto blade. It was cheap, was like 15 years ago maybe, but it took a newbie beating. I guess what I'm getting at is that even if it's not the highest price tag doesn't mean it's not a quality product. It's meant to take a beating I'd bet. I'd buy one. Maybe that'll be my next one. Waiting on my schrade manilla to get here first. Happy flipping bro.

caseyedwards and begreen61 like this.
  4. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I got a Damascus and CF Bear ops a while back on a whim when they first popped up on BHQ and I think it's significantly better quality than any other Bear ops I've handled. I've put it through some shit and it's still holding up. Cost like $220.

That said, for that price there are other knives that I would recommend over it. I just happened to already own them.

caseyedwards, desmodus and begreen61 like this.
  5. needler420

needler420 Little member

I might try a bear and sons one day. To use as a beater and edc.

caseyedwards likes this.
  6. caseyedwards

Its totally what I use mine for. I'm on asphalt a lot and use mine just for that! It takes a serious beating. Only real problem since I bought a second one was the damn pins falling out! Other than that, it is extremely fantastic!

7. caseyedwards

Oh also I'm not sure if there's a difference but, I think bear and son and "bear ops" are different. Again not positive.

8. desmodus

desmodus Cabeza Caliente Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I've heard the red loctite will keep it in place if you can find it.

Or you can stick a nail in there and loctite that after you press it with a vice.

9. caseyedwards

Would a nail stick? I feel like it's fall out too easily?

10. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Depends on the size of the nail.

desmodus likes this.
  11. desmodus

desmodus Cabeza Caliente Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Like ^^^ said.

You need to scout around and find the perfect nail.

VANELLI likes this.
  12. benzen12

benzen12 Tiny Member

Bear OPS is a product line within Bear & Sons Cutlery.

13. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yup. Then support the backside on something hard and whack it with a hammer and a drift to squish your existing or new pin back to being tight. I just used the nail on a Tang pin replacement myself. It was loose and took two tries but the knife is now functional again.

desmodus likes this.