1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pics of your yard or critters in your yard

Shike Sep 21, 2016

1. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

I hate possums. I've seen them out in daylight before but never up to any good. Usually in my chicken house. And I shot 'em. And some people get mad when I do that but honestly I can't see anything but bad when I look at possums and groundhogs. I haven't seen any since I've lived in Florida and I can't shoot at anything because there are too many neighbors, people live close here. That's probably the biggest thing I miss - being able to shoot at stuff from my back porch. Otherwise it is nice here. Lot more fishes and birds than possums.
    :fishing::shipwrecked:

seandavid55 and crogers like this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Dogs and critters don't mix here. found a dead bird two days ago and this morning well lets say Buckshot doesn't know his own strength
    IMG_1231.JPG

ded i, BowtownBlade, Clydetz and 2 others like this.
  3. Clydetz

Clydetz straight and true Brigade Member

Still trying to figure out that critter... is it a muskrat, groundhog or ???

I found a pile of grape like pellets about 10 feet outside our bedroom window the other day. Seems a deer was looking in our window while taking a crap. It could have been watching TV with us & we didn't even know it!

4. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Rabbit shit little balls about the size of a dime,,,Deer more of a oval roundest and about the size of a quarter or nickle

As for the critter it was a woodchuck,, now I got a possum problem but sooner or later Buckshot or Fawn will get them .

ded i and crogers like this.
  5. Clydetz

Clydetz straight and true Brigade Member

It might have been a rabbit with antlers looking in the window but I'm about 100% sure it was deer poop I saw in the grass.

seandavid55, begreen61 and crogers like this.
  6. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Last Friday night IMG_0847.JPG

VANELLI, firefighterB, Shike and 7 others like this.
  7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

I just found a couple from my old backyard. Taken a couple years ago.

WhoDat.jpg

This little albino fawn was actually in my FRONT yard, not 50 feet from the front door. I sneaked the pics through the window.

BinoDeer.jpg

Wish I still lived there, butt* the big city has some wildlife too! I just can't take pics of them... dey pimps might be gettin' mad!! :bwah:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    VANELLI, Gecko, Shike and 7 others like this.
  8. Gecko

Gecko The Hessian Brigade Member

Sand lizard at my office window and a newt on our dog walk 50 meter from our yard.

Lacerta agilis.jpg
    Ichtyosaura alpestris.jpg

9. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Newguy602

Newguy602 Tiny Member

Terrible picture, but I looked up this morning while "breaking" the dog and this sneaky turd was staring at me... image1.JPG

Shike, ded i, Rio and 5 others like this.
  11. ded i

Good stuff! Nice thread. I saw a Yellow-crested Night Heron yesterday. He was standing in a puddle in the road. They are cute, look kind of like penguins. I'd never seen one before I came here.

Nightheronjd.jpg

12. ded i

I was on my electric tricycle riding slow looking for one of those little red coconut palm crabs and I saw this guy on the road. I stopped - thinking it was a crab - it was tiny, just a little bigger than a quarter, but it was a baby soft shell turtle! So cute! :yesman:

BowtownBlade, Gecko, desmodus and 2 others like this.
  13. crogers

Ummmm.... a canapé! Tortue sur la demi-coquille. :dinnercutlery:

:bwah:

ded i likes this.
  14. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Heads up.
    They bite!
    This I know. Personally... :unintroduced:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    crogers, markandrex and ded i like this.
  15. ded i

I'm really careful with turtles because of Salmonella and other considerations, I'd been told soft shell turtles are aggressive. This little guy was so tiny and I wanted a picture of the snout so I wrapped it in an old tee shirt to take pictures, then I washed the shirt with bleach added. How did you get bit? :ssmile:

softshellturtle.jpg softshellturtle.jpg

16. crogers

Just about ALL turtles will bite! Ya just gotta be careful where ya puts ya fingers!

begreen61 likes this.
  17. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Cute pic!

OK we had Box Turtles and Gopher Tortoises as pets in a fenced in area behind our house a little South of you (Naples) when I was pretty young, so I thought I knew everything about turtles. And it was a known given that Snapping turtles were feisty. But Softshells were a sort of gray area and slightly *mysterious*. Was always difficult to get a good look at the things since they stay mostly submerged.
    So when I saw one a little bigger than yours at the water's edge, I snuck up and grabbed it from behind. BIG mistake.
    The damn thing twisted around the longest neck God ever attached to a cute little animal, bit the shit out of my hand and wouldn't let go until I shook it like I was having a seizure.
    Ran home screaming bloody murder... :tard:

18. crogers

Like this?

El Gringo, begreen61 and ded i like this.
  19. ded i

I am so glad for the heads up. I thought the small ones wouldn't bite.

crogers and begreen61 like this.
  20. ded i

I found the little red crabs on a palm tree. They're mangrove crabs and very shy. These aren't in my yard but close to the water where I ride my trike.