1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

OG S.Q.A.T. (Stupid Question Amnesty Thread)

FL[!]P Sep 30, 2011

1. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/new-jdba-faq-sticky.165360/

2. RDSBandit

RDSBandit Tiny Member

I couldn't find a "general" forum thread or a "stupid questions" thread or I would have posted on there. If I'm in the wrong place, I'm very sorry.

But, as the title says, I have a question. When I look at for sale knife posts, it seems that a large majority of the time, when a balisong is being sold, there is always a picture or two of the "butt end" of the knife, where the latch is. What am I looking at in these pictures? Is this to show scratches if it has been dropped? Am I looking at the latch? I don't understand the significance of these pictures.

Can someone explain it to me, please?

3. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Most often it's to show the play in the handles.

Play is how much the handles move perpendicular to their swing axis.

Occasionally it's to show wear and damage.

4. thegoodedge

thegoodedge Pacific Edge Cutlery JDBA Official Member

Bump

Half of the first 3 pages belong here...

desmodus likes this.
  5. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Once in a while I move the posts but then I get behind and it's too much to wrap my eyes around...

thegoodedge likes this.
  6. John rozen

John rozen Tiny Member

My account was made literally 5 seconds ago so you know this one is gonna be exeptionally stupid. How do I the thing on my profile that says "I am a lurker and I need to introduce myself"?

7. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

desmodus and Balibuyer like this.
  8. desmodus

who knows the washer size for tach3 custom?

9. TakeMyFingers

TakeMyFingers Little member JDBA Official Member

I'm trying to replace all the hardware on a 1.0 alpha beast. I think I found the right bushings but I could still use the measurements for better washers, screws, and sexbolts (or barrels?) To replace the screws that are on one side of the spacers. Any help would be much appreciated.

10. Saintadam

Saintadam Tiny Member

Looking at an Atropos Demon, but could someone tell me if its normal for the blade to contact either handle?

11. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Contact how?

If you're talking about the blade edge, spine or tip hitting the inside of the handle... then no. Not normal.

If you're talking about the side or flat of the blade hitting the inside channel... then yes. Totally normal.

12. Saintadam

Saintadam Tiny Member

Yeah the flat hitting the inside of the channel. Sorry i should have been more clear.

13. desmodus

Anybody on these washers ?

14. Saintadam

Saintadam Tiny Member

Where would be the correct place to ask here about bushing sizes?

15. desmodus

You're standing in it right now .

16. Saintadam

Saintadam Tiny Member

Well now i feel dumb...

Can anyone tell me what bushing size i would need for a Flyti zenith blade for a Bm51?

17. Maxixavalon15

Maxixavalon15 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Hey everyone. I guess I’ll ask this question on here. It seems to fit in best here. This question is for flippers. I’m a rookie but I’m very dedicated. Laid off from work right now so I spend. At least 75% of my day trying to manipulate my Bali. My question is when you guys cut yourselfs what do you use for first aid? Or what is the best first aid for flipping. I hate using band aids because they are super bulky and get in the way. Also chaplins like to fly off my fingers. It makes me not want to flip until I take the bandaid off. And if I take it off to early I end up ripping open cuts. I know this is kinda dumb, (correct thread) but does anyone have suggestions on a better sort of bandage? I’ve seen top dog flippers wrapping and unwrapping fingers in videos. Not sure what they are using. I’d appreciate any advice. Thanks JD!!

desmodus likes this.
  18. leo

leo JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Super Glue!

Maxixavalon15 likes this.
  19. desmodus

A lot of people like to use super glue (as said above) or the medical equivalent.

Personally, I fly wide open and bloody. When it's bad enough that I'm painting the floor I switch hands and wrap the bleeding one in a piece of t-shirt. I hate bandages and I don't feel right spreading what has to be chemical based stuff in an open wound. I wash with antibacterial soap and pay attention to my wounds. I do not get infections. I'm not a fucking idiot.

20. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

The secret to using super glue is to CAREFULLY apply it ONLY to the cut edges of the skin. Don't just shoot the cut full of it. Hospitals are using it many times for holding surgical incisions closed, so it IS safe, IF used correctly! BUTT*, clean the damn thing first or else you're just sealing germs in the cut.

Like Des sez, don't be a "fucking idiot"!