1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

Well here we are at 0300. Actually 0400 now or there abouts. Been up an hour. It is like this day in and day out. Doesn't seem to matter when I go to bed I get about 4 hours of sleep. Replaced our mattress with a Casper Calif. King and my wife loves it but frankly I ain't sold on it. Sleeps hot for me. Hard to roll over in it too. Have talked to my doc about the non sleep thing and he looks at my charts or records or what have you and says, hmm, you've been like this for over 20 yrs. No shit I say. I'm going on 64 and you would think that getting older I would be able to at least get 6 hrs or more. But nope. I have tried over the counter sleep aids but frankly they fuck me up more than they help. I get up after taking them and its like I am dopey for hours into the day but I get an extra 2 hours if I am so inclined. Anyways that's my bitch. No rest for the wicked. keepem sharp

Kelper likes this.
  2. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Bummer! I noticed when I moved to Florida that dehydration had an impact. I sleep longer when I'm able to drink more water, actually more of anything -except alcohol and caffeine - too much of either doesn't help.

Are you planning any changes?

Kelper likes this.
  3. longbow

I don't know what changes I can make actually. Don't eat anything after 7 p.m., don't drink much at all especially after dinner. I stay active during the day as for moving about and such. Beats me, just frustrating, my old lady thinks it is my BP meds. I take a combo of 5 different ones. Just could be the way I am I guess. Thing is, I don't nap much if at all during the day. Go to bed between 9-10:30, sometimes read a mag before I sleep. Ok that's it.

Kelper likes this.
  4. Atheos

Atheos Average member JDBA Official Member

Shit thats rough. How do you normally feel/function on 4 hours of sleep? Personally, I'd be in danger of falling asleep if sitting still, and likely to choke someone if crossed. I seem to need 7 to be a decent functioning human being, but i have read about outliers that dont seem to need as much sleep as the vast majority.

5. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

I don't sleep much either, feel lucky if I get 5 hours.

6. longbow

Awake again at 0200. Made some French Press and I find myself here. Fuck it I say, just another day!

desmodus likes this.
  7. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I sleep 4 to 5 hours a day ,,, I will meditate 20 min. before bed and 20 min when I wake up ,,Plus I listen to these two these 528 hz. while sleeping links below,, but I am refreshed all day.

call me weird but it does work below works great too

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Kelper and longbow like this.
  8. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

longbow likes this.
  9. longbow

Thanks for the links. I am thinking of getting a sleep machine that has white noise playing. I used to listen to classical music all night but that didn't help much truth be told. What I am gonna do is like the native indigenous tribes in the Amazon do. That is they practice going to sleep about an hour after dark, and then getting up like I do, early a.m. They might eat or socialize for a few hours and then go back to sleep. They practice this cause of the climate for the most part. You know hot and sultry so sleep is tough. Anyways thanks to all. keepm sharp

Kelper and begreen61 like this.
  10. desmodus

desmodus puta de corazón frío Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

i read someplace years ago that we didn't always sleep the way we do now as a people. there were two sleeps broken up very like the way you just described. we're not programmed to sleep one long continuous stretch through the night. it became this way with the light bulb making things different in the work place and at home.

it's very possible your body refuses to conform to the 'modern' practice.

i personally always felt that i was more suited to a planet with a thirty hour 'day'. i'd be able to be awake for roughly twenty hours and then sleep for roughly ten hours. any time i've gone more than a few days without work to regulate me, my habits have tended towards this pattern.

when my people return to this filthy ball of dirt to reclaim me i will be free of your hideous systems of control...

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  11. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

You have my sympathy....my sleep cycle has been whacked out for a few years now....I sleep in 2-hour increments, then I`m usually awake for a while, back to sleep for 2 hours, lather, rinse, repeat....I blame it largely on the meds (I take 19 pills throughout the day !). I don`t know what`s worse, the illness or the treatment....
    I don`t particularly LIKE sleep, I consider it a waste of time....too many productive things to accomplish to waste those hours on sleep. Besides, no matter how many hours sack time I put in, I never feel rested anyway. It sucks....

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  12. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

Save your money and buy a fan.

13. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

I feel your pain friend and suffer the exact same way.

I normally go to bed with wifey just to appease her,around 11:00,then around

12:00 when she has been asleep for a while,i get up and mosey around until

right before she gets up for work,about 5;30 am,when i jump back in bed to pretend i've been there all night.

I've had 2 sleep studies,an apnea mask and tried too many sleep meds to remember,but nothing really helps

except exercising myself into exhaustion.

If i exert myself physically during the day or night,i tend to stay asleep longer but the catch is,

i'm getting too old to exercise as much as i used to,so find i only work out hard a few days a month.

Stress also plays a big part in a good solid sleep pattern so maybe you are experiencing some but either way,

good luck trying to find the sand man and if you see him,please send him to me..:hairpull:

14. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Or, just tune an FM radio in between stations....Voila, instant (and free !) "white noise"....

desmodus likes this.