1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New to Balisongs and this forum.

phone Aug 12, 2017 at 3:25 PM

1. phone

phone Tiny Member

Hey!

I collect a few things, so collecting isn't new to me. I collect watches, pens, and just started a gun collection. I bought an extremely shitty trainer balisong from amazon just to see if it was for me. After learning some basic moves and behind the eight ball, I absolutely fell in love with everything about it, especially the culture. So thank you for having me, I very much appreciate the resource.

As a side note... after practicing for a few hours, I've noticed that this trainer is obviously not going to cut it (no pun intended). The blade seems like it "lags" behind the handle when I flip. Should I just pull the trigger and get an Alpha Beast? Will it make practicing easier? And is there an after market clip I can buy for the Alpha Beast or perhaps one I can buy from BRS? Thanks so much, I know this is likely a common question.

Thanks again.

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Aku of Texas Super Moderator

If you can afford it, yes. It will help immensely and also teach you to respect a live blade.
    Welcome to JerzeeDevil.
    The best damn forum. Period.

XtraMedium, begreen61, Jvamis and 3 others like this.
  3. phone

phone Tiny Member

I appreciate the response. Time to put some money away!

XtraMedium, begreen61 and markandrex like this.
  4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Aku of Texas Super Moderator

No prob, once you get it, post pics. We like pics.

XtraMedium, Wonx23, begreen61 and 3 others like this.
  5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

:balitrickfail: :welcome2: to the Mighty :JerzeeDevil2:! :bali:

6. phone

phone Tiny Member

Thank you sir!

7. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Welcome aboard!

8. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

:welcome6:Glad to have ya' at the JD!:JD_period:

XtraMedium, begreen61, Jvamis and 2 others like this.
  9. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Welcome to the best forum on the net

10. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

:cheers: :labella:

11. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Welcome! Try a Bear N Sons bowie with cast handle. BUt yes the AB is good, I'd like to have another one.

12. phone

phone Tiny Member

I've seen a lot of good things about this one, but I figured I should just go all out!

XtraMedium and begreen61 like this.
  13. Jvamis

Jvamis International Devil Welcome Squad Leader JDBA Official Member

:thumbsup: Welcome to the Mighty
    :JerzeeDevil2:

:helix::helix::helix: :helix::helix::helix:

XtraMedium, begreen61 and crogers like this.
  14. phone

phone Tiny Member

Hello mike

XtraMedium likes this.
  15. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Welcome and just buy it ,ya got to check out are site if you do you will love it as much as I do so I plan On see you in the threads .....:hippie:

XtraMedium and crogers like this.
  16. phone

phone Tiny Member

Can't find it in stock anywhere! Gotta wait I suppose.

XtraMedium likes this.
  17. Rudran

Rudran Tiny Member

Welcome!

Yeah as others have said a live blade is much better. Especially with the respect part for a live blade. If you're practicing correctly and carefully you shouldn't end up with too much blood loss lol.

Yeah you can't go wrong with brs, they're very comfy flippers. As for anything bear and sons, bear ops, etc. Personally most of my experience with them is comparable to your first car; falls apart but keeps on trucking. They make for really good beater knives if while you're learning you have a tendency to drop it and maybe the occasional tip chipping
    But if you do genuinely enjoy the hobby investing in something higher end will be very rewarding.
    Best of luck to ya and post pics!:welcome4:

phone, XtraMedium and crogers like this.
  18. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

seen 3 of this week in Voodoo . got to stay sharp here hell my 3 I got from here put and post in are wanted voodoo section and good advice don't leave a price ,Trust me some one will approach you and do PP only goods for your protection were all Dogs here so go fetch that Fucker .

19. XtraMedium

XtraMedium Devil's Cohort JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Welcome to the mighty JD!!!!! If I could go back in time and get my FIRST balisong all over again I would buy a beater replicant. Just my two cents. There is certainly nothing wrong with an AB. You may be able to find a used rep for around $250 maybe less now that they just dropped a bunch. You absolutely cannot beat that knife for the money.

stdlrf11, phone, Rudran and 1 other person like this.
  20. phone

phone Tiny Member

I have been surfing this part of the forum in the last 24 hours, and can safely say I will follow your advise and post a wanted ad!
    That's quite the knife and is very tempting. Especially for the price. I really appreciate the advise sir.