1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Rimfire Host

TheBadGuy Aug 9, 2017

1. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

Hello all,

I got one today that I had to share. When I was 12 I talked my dad into letting me have my first pistol. We went to store with condition it had to be a .22. I found a S&W 422 and fell in love. To me at the time it reminded me of a 1911 and it was the coolest looking .22 in the store. It always shot good and I can't for the life of me remember what happened to that one. The 422 has been discontinued for 21 years (1996) so I took to gunbroker and found one. Got a threaded barrel adapter and to me this is the ideal host. The barrel sits so low on frame that sights are completely clear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blevinsknives

blevinsknives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Very nice! :thumbsup:

TheBadGuy likes this.
  3. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That's awesome. Always nice to get one of the ones you remember since childhood.

TheBadGuy likes this.
  4. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Fuck'en sweet

TheBadGuy likes this.
  5. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

havn't seen that one before, I like it!

TheBadGuy likes this.
  6. KAZ2

KAZ2 Huge member

Very nice! I used to have the small version 2214 which with the adapter was my first host. Make sure the grips stay tight as if loose might cause a fail. Regards

7. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I had the small version too, in stainless.
    Bought it lightly used with the original nylon carry case and two 7rd mags for only about 125 out the door IIRC. Some time in '92
    It was my second handgun after my Beretta 92fs. Wanted a cheap fun .22 plinker.

Years later, around 97/98 I bought the full size 6" inch ALL stainless (including the frame) target version, with oversize wood grips and adjustable target sights.
    It had 2 "hi-cap" mags and 12rds each.
    Also for super cheap (150ish).
    Didn't know they were discontinued a couple of years earlier, but they weren't considered anything special or collectible, yet.

Sold them during a "purge" in the early 2000's.
    And of course since then the prices have gone up on these.
    Wish I kept the large one for the hicaps here in Kali,
    but I really miss the little one.
    Don't see them often, and for the prices, I'd rather get the tiny Beretta Bobcat.
    Which I also had and sold.

Anyway, thanks for bringing back memories.
    I know you're gonna have a lot of fun with it, especially with a silencer.

The lower barrel with the spring on top was considered weird and a pain in the ass to take apart without a tool or .22 shell.
    But like you said, may make it special as a silencer host since the sights don't get blocked.

HAVE FUN!