1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

New Mossberg "Shorty" shotgun, no NFA required !

waterdogs Feb 2, 2017

1. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

2. ronrod71

ronrod71 Level: True Devil

Just in time for tax return season

3. Spade115

Spade115 Huge member

Man this is nice :o

4. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

interestign consept tho they didnt say how manyb of those minis fit in the tube (also need to see more specs onthe minis)

5. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

That 14 inch barrell makes it a no no here (ny).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  6. Dutchtracker

Dutchtracker Down For Life Brigade Member

Completely Legal 26.5" OAL Custom 14" Magpul Mossberg 500 "Firearm". Shockwave Raptor Grip and Lug 14" Front End

No Stamp Required - Completely Legal 26.5" OAL Custom 14" Mossberg 500 chambered 3" 5+1 capacity.
    Purchase includes all ATF Compliance paperwork. Completely LEGAL Custom 14" barrel Mossberg 500.

This is a NON-NFA, Completely Compliant and Legal 'Firearm' (technically not a shotgun). Transfers as "Other" on 4473. Seller is licensed Manufacturer and weapon includes makers marks.
    (This grip configuration is the only legal option for this length barrel at this time) NO NY or CA sales.

begreen61 likes this.
  7. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Interesting for sure and I bet they sell a ton. Though if firearms come with ATF compliance paperwork, maybe they are walking the line a bit close. Don't get me wrong, some of the current laws are bs. AOW stamp is only $5 dollars though.

8. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

Played with it at the Shot Show. The trick is that it was never a shotgun, receiver was manufactured for this. With the OAL being a legal 26" it just falls into the "other" category. Just remember you cannot modify the size. No shoulder stock. But that's not why it was made, throw a Surefire Forend on it and it's a pretty good house gun. When I shot it they didn't have any of the Aguila Mini Shotshells but the rep said it's been modified to feed those.

9. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Very badass, I'd love to have one. Maybe after the price comes down, or secondary market for me. Hard sell for the entry level consumer when a full size firearm is so much cheaper.

10. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Those mini shells made me think I need to pee.

Mike Grasso likes this.
  11. HotrodKelley

HotrodKelley Brigade Member Brigade Member

Florida Gun exchange had them for $369

Attached Files:

12. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Little member JDBA Official Member

You couldn't add a regular stock to it and still be compliant, correct?

13. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

No you could not. Unless you live in a state where sbs are legal and you registered it, tax stamp.....

Dustygmt likes this.
  14. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Adding a stock would be in violation....

Dustygmt likes this.
  15. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Little member JDBA Official Member

Aside from the cool factor, I think it would be practical to own for defensive purposes, toss it under the seat of the truck or behind the bed. I'd probably like to have one...

16. HappyG

HappyG Average member

My dad has remington version of the Mossberg, the concept has been out for awhile. Remington use to sell un built receivers also. I used to see allot of people bust their mouths open when shooting full losds with it and maybe s few chicklets. I think it serves a great purpose for home defense, especially people with astigmatism. Buckshot can over penetrate, so know what beyond and you good to go. I saw at gunshow the Mossberg going for 350, I as almost got it, but the I saw the nickel boron finish for 450, decided to do more research. I also think augilia ammo would be awsome if it does not have feeding issues like my dads 870 version.

17. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

Two of my three local shops in NY sell the Shockwave since it is not classified as a shotgun.