1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Microtech Metalmark curiosity.

GuItArMaN8373 Feb 13, 2018

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Hey guys, does anyone know the rarity of the Microtech Metalmark these days? Never really seen them for sale in a while. I got mine years ago and had it cleaned up by Microtech. It's fun and unique but not the best flipper by far.

2. desmodus

desmodus puta de corazón frío Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

i've seen a few of them change hands in the last bunch of months. the prices were all over the place.

they definitely don't flip for shit.

3. tonk

tonk JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

They (some) have a cool grind with TI handles on bearings , true they are not the best flippers ) but they are # my guess somewhat limited .
    They are kinda neat pieces in thier own right. More or less a bad ass pocket knife with 2 handles and a blade...
    Perfect knife for one who Has no intention of flipping

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  4. GuItArMaN8373

Ti handles? I thought they were aluminum?

5. tonk

Some were made from TI but most were made from AL. You can tell the difference by looking at the pivot hardware

TI having torx and AL having some kind of safety torx

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

A cool knife i reckon. Definitely not a flipper for me. Probably wouldn't mind owning a real one just for the collection. I was lucky enough to purchase a clone about 2 years ago lol. Paid $100 bucks and was mildly pissed off. The little fucker had microtech branding just like my tachyons and everything.

7. GuItArMaN8373

Wow didn't know they even bothered cloning them.

8. tonk

9. Balibuyer

Balibuyer Little member JDBA Official Member

10. Tim Bacus

Tim Bacus JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I've seen the aluminum handled ones sell from 150-250. Mine is a little beat up but I only paid $160 for it. Like the BM 53 and the Bradley Mayhem it's a nice EDC bali but definitely not good for flipping.

collection.jpg