1. SBC/AT&T as well as Optimum Online users, your password reset emails are bouncing back to the server. Contact your providers to remedy this situation, THEY ARE BLOCKING EMAILS FROM JD!!!! If you are still having trouble logging in (Reset your password should do "the trick") use the "Contact US" form from a separate email account that is not the one being blocked!
    Dismiss Notice

Medford Praetorian Micro - Passaround

desmodus Mar 17, 2017 at 9:09 AM

1. desmodus

desmodus Guano Loco Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I was not smart enough to get any pictures of the knife to show its size in comparison to other knives we're all familiar with, but I can say that it's a small one.

I don't have large hands but I do have workers' hands. This knife would not be my choice as a carry tool. The blade is not what is too small. It's the handle. I can only get three fingers on it. When I'm using a knife I like to have a full grip on it.

That's all i can say was not in my favor, otherwise...

It's an awesome little knife. I love the blade steel. D2 is very easy to sharpen. The profile is practical for everything i use a knife for. I got to try it out on rope and winch line (not that tree cutters enjoy cutting rope (that's a last resort)). I did cut bottom off of a bar and chain oil bottle (somebody ditched the previous bottle I had on my truck for bailing water out of the bucket (EVERY time somebody uses my truck something goes missing or gets broken). It punctured and sliced through the thick plastic with no problem. I don't remember what else I cut with it, but i used it the same way I would use one of my regular carry knives. NO complaints.

I love the orange scale. It's a loud color that screams find me if you forget where you put it. All of my frame locks are solid titanium slabs on the front side. These blend right in to most anywhere I would have them with me, but I love the feeling of titanium more than any other handle material.

It's a TANK. Nothing about the knife is delicate. Like any other well built tool in your toolbox, you aren't going to hurt it while using it or keeping it with your other tools.

I am very grateful for getting to be a part of this passaround. We need to do more of these. They're fun even if you aren't thinking about buying the knife in question.

Thank you to the donor and everybody else who participated.

begreen61 and seandavid55 like this.
  2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Love the idea of a passaround. Being on the road a lot makes it difficult to participate.
    But, I happened to pick up a Micro Praetorian right as this passaround started. I was hesitant of its size. But my micro had been modified. Now that I've been carrying it for a while, I'm grateful it was. Basically made the choil usable giving you a full grip.

Desmodus hit the nail on the head, it's a TANK. But beware the small handle. This knife was a great buy for me. So far it's an excellent work knife.

[​IMG]

begreen61 and desmodus like this.