1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Knives you shoulda bought.

Stu May 5, 2018

1. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

Having a sort out, I stumbled across various old catalogues and issues of magazines like Guns & Ammo and SOF , and couldn't help being struck by some of the ads for long-discontinued blades that I wish I'd bought.
    So far, my list, in no particular order includes;-

Cold Steel Urban Shiv
    Parrish SunKing
    Buck 184 Buckmaster
    Blackjack R1 Classic

How bout the rest of you guys? Any once-readily-available blades that you never got around to buying and you still kick yourself for it?

Kelper likes this.
  2. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Lost my favorite EDC during my many moves in recent years it's no longer available. C.R.K.T Bladelock.

3. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

A large regular Sebenza when I had more disposable cash for knives (and less hobbies).

Gerber Mark I dagger in the 80s for the cool factor. Bought a Mark II later but got rid of it as it was too long and the serrations seemed useless. Great handle though. Looked badass. No idea where I would carry it but looked BADASS.

And, see the market now, all of those Balisongs down in Minnesota in the 80s.

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Tom maringer takedown tanto . I thought it was too expensive :slap:

5. Rover

Rover Rock N' Roll Outlaw JDBA Official Member

A big Ruana bowie that looked like an overbuilt chef’s knife. Saw it at an OLD knife shop as a kid but by the time I saved enough coin for it...gone.

Every BM 42 and Cold Steel bali when they were being made. Not a hug fan but that would’ve been a good investment.

One of those monster Camillus/DDR folders with the 7” blade.

6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

a Matt Cook DD AB I Passed to coach ,,who has become my closest friend in the knife world and it will become mine one day ,,but thats the only one

seandavid55 likes this.
  7. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Huge member

Like 20+ years ago I was just getting started in collecting knives and still knew very little. I went to a small gun show back home in Hawaii and there were a few local custom knife makers there. I was not familiar with them yet and I thought that the $300.00 for their folders was too much for me to spend.
    Today I wish I would of bought every knife on the table. From Both Ken Onion and Tom Mayo.

desmodus likes this.
  8. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

More than one lcc, mtx2 and I shoulda got that mt d/a Terz.

BowtownBlade likes this.
  9. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

Got to tease you just a little bit.
    PICT0021.jpg terz1.jpg

desmodus and BennytheBlade like this.
  10. BowtownBlade

A George Herron and Bob Lum

11. BennytheBlade

That's the one. Or the one with white scales. What were they? Micarta?

12. BowtownBlade

I believe you are correct. Do not see many of those.

13. grimmwolf

grimmwolf Tiny Member

The ZT 0777 when it came out. Had a chance to pick up a composite blade version from a dealer, decided to spend less on a Paramilitary 2 S90V. As it turned out, I don't like the PM2. Lesson learned.