1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Just my Friggin Luck

longbow May 9, 2017

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

It'll take a few days to see any real difference. AND, whatever you do, take ALL the prescribed antibiotics, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Stopping antibiotics early often leads to these antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria.

Hopefully, your pussy, er, PUS won't smell! :bwah:

begreen61, AJD1, Kelper and 1 other person like this.
  2. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Wow - I just saw this. Best to you and just a thought ... Whenever I take antibiotics I eat yogurt to replace internal bacteria because there's nothing worse than going through all that disgusting antibiotic and then not being able to poop. Serious get better wishes. Honestly, I like they have you on antibiotics and not chemo ... fingers crossed!

begreen61, Kelper and crogers like this.
  3. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

I know what you mean. I developed a painful lump behind my right nipple. After ignoring it for a while in the hope that it would go away, I finally went to see the doc. To add to my embarrassment, they wanted to have a (female) student do the mammogram. It turned out to be blood from some trauma I had experienced earlier.

Good luck with your health.

begreen61, crogers and Kelper like this.
  4. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I had a weird lump in my lower abdomen, just above my junk. Went to our (young, attractive, blonde) female doc, expecting her to have a colleague check it out.

Nope. :ropeman:

She found my inguinal hernia.

It was a great way to find out bad news. :bwah:

5. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Take those antibiotics (as stated). I get not wanting to; they always make me feel as bad as whatever they are prescribed to cure.

6. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Continued smoke and prayers my friend...

7. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

Well saw my G.P. on Tues. He says its an infection, the radiologist sent me a letter stating they're thinking now tumor benign probably. I will say this I feel like shit. Man I'll tell ya I'll be sitting there and all of a sudden I wake up a half hour later. What the frig is that! All my get an go got up an went somewhere. I've been taking the antibiotic religiously and it seems the lump has gone down a wee bit but not by much. Seems to me like it ain't as big height wise but longer length wise. I shall know by the end of June I guess. Keepem sharp everyone and what happened to the summer weather from yesterday? 53 degs. and wind straight off the lake about 30 mph. 7' foot chop out there.

8. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

I know it is crappy still but honestly, I think you got the best out of this deal. Will send prayers and stuff to keep it that way.

9. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Continued smoke and prayers. It's hard dealing with any of this as a patient or relative. Keep us posted.

begreen61 and crogers like this.
  10. Clydetz

Clydetz straight and true Brigade Member

:cheers: To continued good news. :shakie:
    I take a prescription sleeping pill on occasion to get about 6 hours of sleep. Otherwise, I'm lucky to sleep solidly for an hour at a time (night or daytime nap).

11. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

hoping things get better for you soon.

Kelper and crogers like this.
  12. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Still wishing and praying for that lump to go away and you can move on from this nightmare .

Kelper and crogers like this.
  13. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

Thanks man, just waiting towards the end of the month for my next visit with the radiologist. My family doc thinks I'm alright but to me it seems to be getting more spread out. Who knows, ain't thinking about it to much. Concentrating on shooting my bow again and having a kicker motor mounted on my fishing boat to chase salmon on Lake Ontario. thanks and keepem sharp

14. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

HEY MANG,remember one thing,only the good die young...

You'll live to 112!!

:cheers:

crogers and Kelper like this.
  15. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

Good luck!

sickboy

crogers and Kelper like this.
  16. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

I have just read this all. Holy Moly! First off thoughts and prayers go out to you while you continue to go through this craziness.

You could always request a MRI. The ultra sounds are good, but not always accurate. Those mammograms are most definitely not always accurate either.

Waiting and Not having all the answers absolutely SUCKS! I feel your pain there.

Remember YOU are the patient...do NOT be afraid to speak up about other options if you don't feel comfortable or don't feel like It's getting better. Also..do NOT be afraid to seek a second opinion.

The way I look at chemotherapy is..having to take poison to get rid of poison, but the side affects can be a bitch. I hope you never have to take it.

I do hope you heal and feel better asap. :heart:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    stdlrf11 and crogers like this.