1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Just for show or excellent flippers as well?

GuItArMaN8373 Dec 15, 2017

1. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I know most if not all Balibalistic knives seem to be close to if not into the $1k range easy. They're gorgeous, yes, but are they all show or actually excellent flippers as well?

2. coll3ctor

coll3ctor Average Member

it wouldnt be my first choice to flip

3. Chrisommer

Chrisommer Little member JDBA Official Member

Depends on weight / balance. Don't buy an 8 oz BB and expect to enjoy flipping it all day... Stick with a lighter model, under 5.5 oz for my tastes, and you should be fine.

begreen61 and coll3ctor like this.
  4. Pingpong

Pingpong Average member

Why choose between one or the other when you can have both! Excellent flipper by Shawn. Although I lack the talent to ever flip it with confidence.
    IMG_0183.JPG

5. coll3ctor

coll3ctor Average Member

i remember when I got my LST from hedacoon that is in my profile picture. flipped for 2 minutes over my bed slowly. DIdnt find the cuts until the next day

HedaCoon and desmodus like this.
  6. jordantabat5

jordantabat5 Tiny Member

lolllll

7. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

[
    As Chris stated wouldn't want to flip them all day but Shawn blades are balance where there easy going on the hand ,,yes they are great flippers but have the tendency to be heavy handed ..and where do you find them at 1k hook me up i'm averaging about 1600 a knife except for one .newest ones due This Friday

coll3ctor likes this.
  8. coll3ctor

coll3ctor Average Member

mazel! cant wait to see it. youve got quite the bunch, definitely price averaged down

jordantabat5 likes this.
  9. Manuelp

Manuelp Average Member

Imo Shawn makes the most amazing looking and balanced balis out there. He has a tendency to keep the balance at the same point regardless of the grind or material used on the handles; which I found to be quite impressive. Also, regardless of having bushings or bearings it will flip and flow amazing. You cant go wrong with his balis. He will amazes you with all of his builds.

begreen61 likes this.
  10. Baliman987

Baliman987 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Here is some flipping with the LST in your profile pic, at the beginning and end of this compilation. It was one of the good ones, never bit me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    begreen61 and HedaCoon like this.
  11. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

That one feels lighter than what it is....wasn't it like mid 6oz? I remember I traded the zirconium mamba elb for it so the weight difference from that zirconium to the lst was huge cuz the lst was so well balanced for the weight. While both were in the 6-7oz category

coll3ctor likes this.