1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Integral Suppressor

BenDibble Mar 21, 2017

1. BenDibble

BenDibble Resident Mortician JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I currently have a 4" Ruger Mark III with a stainless bull barrel.
    What I am thinking of doing is either selling it and buying a new Mark IV with threaded barrel, or getting a new upper for the Mark III and turning it into an integral suppressor.

The question here is, what is your experience with integral suppressors, especially with .22LR firearms?

I do already own a dedicated .22LR can, which i keep on my Ruger Charger.

I'd like this to also be a general information thread about integral suppressors. So, please, give me some experiences, wether good or bad.

2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm a fan of integrals.But since you have a .22 can already I'd just get another complete pistol. I went the upper route for a while, just to find a lower later to put on it. Having 2 complete pistols was a better way to go for me.

BenDibble likes this.
  3. drecon

drecon JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I agree with seandavid55, I dig integrals but if I was to do one I wouldn't do it for a pistol since I have a .22 can. I would do one as a dedicated 10/22 type setup.

BenDibble and seandavid55 like this.
  4. RazorSharp

RazorSharp RZRSHRPDVL Brigade Member

How easy do they come apart for cleaning? With the lead buildup from .22 rim fire, ease of cleaning would be a concern for me.

5. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

that was my question cleaning

6. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

I have a threaded upper I could part with. Like the above I like a crew on suppressor, easier to deal with and clean.

BenDibble likes this.
  7. HappyG

HappyG Average member

I love ruger, but I would look into smith and wessons, victory. Seen one at gun show threaded for 365. I doubt you can get s mark 4 for that price.

As far as intergal goes, its worthless too me until HPA passes. Then evertything I own will be intergal, but unti then No from me. If you do decide to cut barrel have Tornado Technology, cut thread and crown, but by then you could have bought victory.

BenDibble likes this.
  8. BenDibble

BenDibble Resident Mortician JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks so far for the feedback. Looking to completely move away from the Mark III and have been searching around the gun stores, but no real stock on the threaded Mark IVs.

That being said, Innovative Arms has released some initial details on a new integral Mark IV Target.

Look at those pictures. :drool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seandavid55 likes this.
  9. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Looks like an awesome setup.

10. HappyG

HappyG Average member

That's nice looking, ruger is coming out with some nice suppressor integral firearms.