1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

I picked up these two knives in a trade what do you think

Thomas Lamb Oct 23, 2017

1. Thomas Lamb

Thomas Lamb Tiny Member

The first one is Italian I think, he said his mom gave it to him and it has been in his family a long time it looks old but no markings does anyone have any insight on this stiletto 20171022_213243.jpg 20171022_213514.jpg
    Next is this Dalton It says devil play mate on the knife and fires hard seems like the real deal but I know nothing about these knives any info would be appreciated I am not looking for value just a little insight Thanks 20171022_155613.jpg

begreen61, uncle Dave and desmodus like this.
  2. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

That Dalton OTF is a 2008 Tango model.
    They came with several inscriptions including "Vegas" with a pair of dice, and the German Iron Eagle among others.

Sorry, can't help with the Picklock...

3. fastr19

fastr19 Brigade Member Brigade Member

The first is a Frosolone picklock. Most were made in the 40's. I can tell you it is valued and should be worth more than the Dalton. It is in great shape. Could almost be in a museum.
    Are there any markings at all on the blade or tang?
    Reproductions have been made.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    norcal13 likes this.
  4. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

Since when can you not ask for a value of a knife? Do you have to be a paying member or something? I remember when this site use to be a knife forum, sad.
    http://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/dalton-value.82496/
    http://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/busse-value.60460/
    http://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/bm30-value.94942/
    http://www.jerzeedevil.com/threads/microtech-socom-da-value.166182/
    Etc, etc, etc.

Take your :spam:and stick it in you ass.
    Now go run to Mr. LaBella :banthem:

I suggest the original poster to google a knife forum.

5. desmodus

desmodus puta de corazón frío Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

:(

6. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

We have discouraged "what is it worth" threads for awhile; I couldn't tell you exactly when. Clearly some slip through the cracks although most you found were older. We do it to keep sneaky fuckers from attempting to bypass voodoo, and in effect holding an auction. Not sure what crawled up your ass, but if it is spam inna can I'm thinking you have greater issues than this thread. If I wanted you banned I would do it myself*.

*edited to add: "for a whole two weeks (maybe, if that's what the software does)".

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  7. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yes, I do take offense, but I am in the minority, most Americans don't mind being oppressed...so basically a few slimy greasy bastards ruin it for everyone. Most people are genuinely interested in members opinions regarding value of knives they may have acquired or purchased many years ago. I'm not sure how that is not a legitimate question, open for discussion on a knife forum. Most of the time when I post a picture of a knife I get offers or asked how much I want to sell the knife for. Should the forum stop allowing pictures also? I kindly reply if the knife was for sale it would be listed in the voodoo section, so back the fuck off.

This is the same mentality that is wrong with the world today. Oh some psycho shot up a school so lets take away everyone's firearms. Whatever man, if this is some new rule I could not find it anywhere, it might be time to add it right under the no dick pics rule. :rules:

Dustygmt and Guillermo like this.
  8. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

It is the twirlers that are the usual offenders. Unfortunately we can't do something in the bali-corral that we don't do elsewhere. I am sure it gets ignored here at times. ..."that is wrong with the world today;" OK gramps. :bwah:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Guillermo likes this.
  9. fastr19

It has been lost in the static but that Frosolone is still a marvelous knife.

norcal13, Thomas Lamb and seandavid55 like this.
  10. Thomas Lamb

Thomas Lamb Tiny Member

Sorry I disappeared for a bit
    Is it really that old, The guy I bought it from said it had been in his family forever and his mom left it to him when she died Thank you for the info anything else you can share would be nice Thomas

11. fastr19

It was probably made in the late 40's. The Frosolone style is full scales with no bolster. They also have the very small ears and like yours in brass. It really is a rare knife..

norcal13 likes this.
  12. fastr19

benthos.jpg
    A modern copy.

begreen61 likes this.
  13. Thomas Lamb

Thomas Lamb Tiny Member

Thank you for the reply that is good news I will hold onto it. Thomas

14. fastr19

It's a good one. Old and rare.