1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hot sauces and hot foods ( spicy)

Mr.LaBella Jan 29, 2008

1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

spice-y not ethnic slurring

HOT hot hot foods and sauces

Doc Mabuse is going to lead this parade with his wealth of food knowledge :grill:

2. Dr Mabuse

Dr Mabuse Set your motherfucker to "receive"

i am?...

WTH?...

like some of my favorites or something?...

i'll get back with some...

3. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

I personally love semi-hot foods. I don't want to kill my taste buds or cry from overly hot food. I love Mexican and Moroccan food. Especially chili rellenos and couscous. :chuck:

4. ragingwolf66

ragingwolf66 Down For Life

Man I would love to see this shoot off into a parallel thread about Hot Sauces and Firemouths/Chile heads!!!! I love da Hot stuff!!!

5. droid

droid This IS the droid you are looking for! Brigade Member

"Scorned Woman" was my favorite hot sauce for quite a while.
    Have such a hard time getting it, I gave up.
    Down in New Orleans at the open air market in the French Quarter, there were hundreds of different kinds of hot sauces. Some of them had funny names. Never really tried them so I can't comment on Scoville units.

6. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Ummm ... curry! Red, Green - hot or mild, I like 'em :yesman:

7. jimmydred

jimmydred Duraznos Pesado

Especially Thai Curry with coconut milk - Panang!

8. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios The Jello Gigolo

I like spicy foods, but don't want to sacrifice flavor just to burn my tongue out.

9. dfarmerknives

dfarmerknives Tattoo Man says Knife Maker or Craftsman

Ther is a store in Albuquerque that is a hot sauce store.

Some of the labels were hilarious. They has a Monica Lewinsky Hot Sauce, "One Bite and You're on Your Knees".

10. Dr Mabuse

11. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

The HOTTEST hot sause "Daves Insanity" I double dare ya. The stuff has a warning label

12. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

Melinda's Original Habanero hot sauce is good, not too spicy for a Habanero sauce, great flavor. They, of course make hotter versions - Extra Hot to XXXXtra Reserve Hot - and all kinds of flavors in between, but my favorite is the original. Hard to find here. The Orleans in Vegas keeps it in on the tables in their cafe and I try to swipe a bottle or two when I'm there, and I picked up a few bottles when I was in New Orleans.

Otherwise I get the El Yucateco brand Caribbean style Habanero sauce. Much hotter, but still good.

I made my own Habanero sauce once, it was a disaster. Did not taste very good (too vinegary) and I burned myself in too many places to count.

13. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

in no special order

Joe Perry's Boneyard brew
    Hula Girl
    Devils brew garlic hot sauce
    Bourbon hot sauce with JD in it yum

and my lip smaking barbeque sauce that accompanies my smoked port butt

14. Dr Mabuse

a few hot sauces to start... i'll do more stuff later...

this sauce is not a joke... Cheech Marin's Smoking Chipotle... complex and wonderful, several chiles here... first rate stuff... Link... it is better with age i keep several bottles around... it's one of my favorites... very good... not very hot but wonderful chile flavour..

this sauce is hot... not spicy... hot... but it's no joke sauce... no capsaicin concentrate... a truly gourmet mustard-based habanero and scotch bonnet sauce(yes they are the same pepper basically, but grown in different regions they have grown different over time)... Kiss Of Fire... Link... this has won many awards including Chile Magazine's 'Best Hot Sauce' award... a perennial favorite at the fiery foods fest... you can make recipes with this sauce, particularly with chicken, that will blow your mind... marinate chicken breasts overnight in lemon and orange juice with soy sauce... cook, preferably grill, with this sauce on the breast as a baste and top with a pineapple slice, preferably grilled, at the end of cooking for a moment... i've had uncultured(no love of chile) sissies say "my lips and mouth are on fire like i've never had them... this hurts... but i want more of that chicken"...

Lottie's famous Barbados hot sauce from the chile plantation... truly wonderful... not as hot as Kiss of Fire... absolutely gourmet... i got this from there, the first bottle i had... it used to be very difficult to get and i would have to have people going there get me some... now you can just order it... it's fantastic... Link...
    Link...

now... this site looks like CRAP... don't let that scare you off... Fred is low tech... i met him at Fiery Foods Fest and bought a CASE of his Habanero Ketchup after trying it... it is NOT overly hot... but is my pick for the best Chile ketchup i've ever had... i honestly don't know how many cases i've ordered since... it's amazing... his other stuff is terrific too... but you NEED, yes i mean need, to try his Habanero Ketchup... do yourself a favor and order some... Link...

Tabasco is the most readily available, truly gourmet food, in America... and anyone who doesn't like Tabasco has no taste...

after the world famous 'Melinda's" name was sold for profit... the same company that made that sauce started a new business under the name Marie Sharps... this is why Melinda's was famous... it's awesome sauce... Link...

the famous El Yucateco hot sauce... almost omnipresent in Mexico and the Southwest... Link... and the green is good too... Link...

Trinidad Hot Sauce... an authentic and gourmet sauce... really special... it is hot, truly hot, but very flavorful... Link...

all of these are legitimate sauces that you actually eat... not set on the shelf to 'show somebody what hot is'... they have real flavour and are wonderful... in many recipes...

Shakie there are things hotter than Dave's Insanity... but it's hard to tell when you get into the capsaicin concentrate sauces like dave's... there are some hotter... i met dave at Fiery Foods a few years ago... his Insanity peanuts are addicting...

15. watercrawl

watercrawl Enormous member

Here's a pertinent website:

http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

Edit: You'll notice "Dave's Ultimate Insanity" is pretty far down the list. Above them, IMHO, they get unedible. Collectors items really.

One of my favorites for everyday use is Huy Fong Sriracha sauce:

http://www.huyfong.com/frames/index.htm

One of my favorite peppers is the Dundicut. They're pretty toasty! They make chilli and cheesesteak sandwiches unedible for the rest of the family. I buy mine from Penzeys dry:

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeyschilipeppers.html

Tabasco is good....I like the Garlic version better.

16. Big John aka Mod 12

Big John aka Mod 12 Lost in the Ozone

I like regular old Louianna Hot Sauce like we used to have in the mess halls. I get that at the commissary. Another favorite is Sriracha.

We have a new Thai place in a strip mall by me. A little guy that wears pink and talks like a girl does the cooking and his yellow curry is to die for. I get the moules with yellow curry and he loads me up. Damn that is good. #5.

Ron, what's that hot sauce from Tunisia that is so good? I forget.

17. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Harissa? That is the North African hot sauce for couscous. Yummy :chuck:

18. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Hey I am Ron! You are "RoadFish" :tubtar:

keep on with all of this HOT talk :grill: :firedevil

19. Psittacosis

Psittacosis A Shōgun

I love a hot sauce. Just not a heart attack hot sauce.

Some great names and heat

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Acid Rain

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Pain is Good

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]One Fuckin Drop at a Time Hot Sauce

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Baboon Ass Gone Rabid Hot Sauce

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]No Shit. This Is Hot

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Nuckin' Futs Hot Sauce

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Butt Pucker Hot Sauce

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Screaming Sphincter Hot Sauce

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Smack My Ass And Call Me Sally...The Slap Heard around the World[/FONT]

20. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

I don't like stuff that is hot just for the sake of being hot. If it's hot with a good flavor, then I'm all about it

my standard hot sauce is Texas Pete's. Has a nice flavor without being super hot. I like Tobasco too. Another good one is Tapatio

when we go to the local Mexican eateries, I have them bring out some of the "salsa picoso" for me as the stuff on the table is just too bland. Last week they wanted me to try their habanero hot sauce. It put my wife on her ass (and she IS Mexican) but I thought it had a great smoky flavor. Yes, it was hot but it had flavor

off to take my Nexium now..................