1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hollow Point Ammo (Pics)

leo Apr 13, 2018

1. leo

leo JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Yesterday, we were testing some Speer Gold Dot 124 GR 9mm hollow point in the range (not much because it tears up our blocks).

We gathered some of the bullets and I thought I'd share with the JD. Here are some pics if you're interested.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

markandrex, El Gringo and EasEWryder like this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

devastating ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

leo likes this.
  3. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

I like Gold Dot... it's what I use.

leo and begreen61 like this.
  4. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

That will definitely "tear a new one" !

leo and begreen61 like this.
  5. leo

leo JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

and people still think 9mm has no stopping power

6. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Nice I used to use that round. Recently I switched over to the Winchester "train" and "defend" system.

7. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

I used to carry Speer gold dots in my .380 but I made the switch to hardball as u just simply cannot achieve appropriate velocities for reliable expansion even with +P so penetration is pretty much the name of the game for .380 and .38spl, shot placement too. Neither of these calibers are the best option really for self defense.

I carry buffalo bore wadcutters in my .38 for the same reason, penetration. I used to carry Speer gold dots in every handgun I own but for my full size carry guns I found that the feds and LEO are getting extremely effective results with Federal HST 124gr 9mm. So that's what I carry and it looks really cool mushroomed out.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018