1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Hogue otf

fastr19 Jun 6, 2016

1. fastr19

fastr19 Brigade Member Brigade Member

Saw these at Blade. The show special was $315. They come in clip and tanto blade. There was a tiny amount of wiggle but not very much. To be truthful I did not delve into it very much assuming it would be on the website but it isn't at the moment. I snapped a couple of shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

They were showing the OTF at shot show in Feb. Same handle but different blade. The blade on your photo looks much better.

3. Grand American

Grand American Handsome Devil

I was really excited about a new OTF option, but the blade-to-handle ratio is way off, to my eye.

4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Have d/a otf lost there luster for the knife community? It looks interesting to me but I dont find much about them. That usually means it is either not good, or people are too busy w/ balisong :unintroduced:

begreen61 likes this.
  5. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 6:41 PM
  6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Has anyone gotten one in hand?

7. gzb

gzb Moderator Super Moderator

Haven't heard much about them myself.

I hacked Doc's PB pics above so they'd show...

fastr19 likes this.
  8. BennytheBlade

Well they look nice, are available, have decent reviews, Im just wanting some first hand experience. I know Hogue is MORE than a legit company.

9. Brian_W204

BennytheBlade likes this.
  10. BennytheBlade

Thanks for sharing. CS gotta be better than MT.

11. fastr19

fastr19 Brigade Member Brigade Member

Thanks Greg. PB did a number on me. I have photos everywhere that are useless.

12. gzb

If you want to do the hack thing Doc, just copy the non-showing pic's URL with a Right Click and add ~original to the end of it. Then it'll show when you hotlink it as usual.
    Right Click one of your pics above and take a look at the URL I did for it to show.
    Works wherever you are...

BennytheBlade and fastr19 like this.
  13. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

My thoughts as well

14. BennytheBlade

It looks better than the ultratech but not as good as the scarab? Or am I wrong on that?

15. Brian_W204

[​IMG]

I lined up the handles with a ruler before I shot this photo. The camera is closer to the Scarab so it looks bigger, but the blade lengths are all withn 0.04" of each other and you can see how the tips are basically in a straight line. Now look at the handles. The Hogue is definitely out of proportion compared to the other three.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/b...8NtgZhIz_iMUSIEBOer2O3wm2OdzhP=w1949-h1283-no

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 12:50 AM
  16. gzb

Brian, somehow Google FUBAR'd (404 Error) your pic.

Care to repost it...?

17. Brian_W204

Hmmm, it's a long-ass link, but it seems to work on several computers, even ones where I've never signed into Google, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I added the link at the end of the post so you can try that.

18. gzb

Must have been a temporary glitch.
    Works just fine now. Thank you sir...

19. desmodus

desmodus Cabeza Caliente Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Does not work for me.

20. BennytheBlade

It worked yesterday for me, not today. Not sure what is up.