1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Glenn's Little Shop Of Horrors

Glenn Apr 4, 2014

1. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

does the CF shred when you machine it? I would have thought the weave would be pulled apart by the cutting tools.

top is pretty cool too. ball bearing pressed in for the nubbin?

Glenn likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

CF is pretty resilient stuff, it's primary component away from the fiber is epoxy while it does somewhat shred it's mostly held together, with a good sharp cutter it mostly casts off power , black powder black lung type. All will also varie by quality of the stock working, not all is created equal some has loads of voids, others void free like anything in life you get what you pay for.

Respirator working is critical, and post cutting to primary profile necessary to use grades of sandpaper to move past the rough created then to very fine grits, and polish on a cloth to gloss.

The ball bearing is the exact size of the hole, fits "snug" and some adhesives for good measure.

XxGRYMMxX likes this.
  3. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

Been playing a bit with CF in the garage for the bike project. One day ill be able to make something better than decorations for my trash can. cool to know its workable in other ways than regular cutting.

4. Glenn

Vintage Micarta Ring set on a stainless comfort fit liner .

IMG_9364.jpg

5. FairDee

FairDee Tiny Member

I bet you're up to something crazy and amazing at the same time. :firedevil

6. Glenn

Tiny Damascus Ball Peen Hammer, with vintage micarta handle and mosaic pin inlays, finished off with matching bead on leather lanyard.

Attached Files:

XxGRYMMxX, crogers and seandavid55 like this.
  7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

Cool hammer. Now, go nail something! :madaddy:

8. Clydetz

Clydetz straight and true Brigade Member

I bet that ball peen hammer would be hell on walnuts!

crogers likes this.
  9. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Beautiful piece. Very nice work indeed. Should work well crunching up those rocks in blow.:onoesdevil:

sam eib and Clydetz like this.