1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Flytanium Still Making 51 Scales?

BadComrade Aug 7, 2018

1. BadComrade

BadComrade Tiny Member

So I'm very new to the balisong scene. Just bought a new bm51 a few weeks ago and have been loving it.

According to the internet, it seems like a set of the flytanium scales really makes this knife a gem but I cant seem to find them anywhere.

I've checked their site quite a few times and they're always out of stock.

Is this because they are bought up as fast as they are posted? Or have they stopped making them?

2. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

mike_geno likes this.
  3. BadComrade

BadComrade Tiny Member

Yea thanks for your input. I saw the ones on BladeHQ. Really just looking for the standard ones though.

4. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Flytanium's drops for the 51 are usually few and very far between - certainly not often enough to satisfy the demand! I've often wondered why they continue to devote their resources to producing scales for the most popular folders when their interests would be better served satisfying the demand for 51 scales, but that's for them to worry about. Anyway, your best bet is the secondary market, so you could post a WTB ad on JD, or keep your eyes peeled on social media. They usually come up for sale every now and then...Good luck!

5. BadComrade

BadComrade Tiny Member

I was wondering the same exact thing. $135 a pop AND selling through blade HQ you would think they would be pumping those out.

6. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

The EDC scales are MUCH better quality and fit/finish. Well worth the extra $$$. I also assume they'll hold their value well too.

Blade63 likes this.
  7. Blade63

Blade63 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I just purchased a set two days ago. They have not arrived yet but i'm glad to hear your opinion on them.

GuItArMaN8373 likes this.
  8. BadComrade

BadComrade Tiny Member

Where can I find these?

9. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Pacific edge cutlery has a bunch in stock still on their site! Few different types.

10. Blade63

Blade63 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

You can also check out EDC Knives (Dot) com

GuItArMaN8373 likes this.