1. SBC/AT&T as well as Optimum Online users, your password reset emails are bouncing back to the server. Contact your providers to remedy this situation, THEY ARE BLOCKING EMAILS FROM JD!!!! If you are still having trouble logging in (Reset your password should do "the trick") use the "Contact US" form from a separate email account that is not the one being blocked!
    Dismiss Notice

East Coast Custom Knife Show

Mr.LaBella Mar 9, 2017

1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Where are our updates, Sir?

2. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

never mind...

3. RJ Martin

RJ Martin Tactical Knife Maker

Matt and I are looking forward to the show! He has made significant improvements to his screw cap pens and is going to have a nice variety of them for the show.
    So far, I am bringing mid-range Q36's and an Illudium flipper with an uber-thick flat ground blade (a first). S110V blades, Ti bolsters and LSCF scales for most of the Q's, and one or two with stag and ironwood. High end users. A necessary change of pace after two months of high-end dress pieces.

My main focus since the TKI has been on R&D and tooling upgrades. The R & D is focused on my finishing process for the exotic CPM stainless steels, as I am going to focus primarily on S110V and S125V going forward. So I have been evaluating abrasive belts and tumbling media and processes for bringing these two alloys to a high finish. Pretty much venturing into uncharted waters here as I am probably the only person finishing these alloys with this process. The extreme difficulty involved in producing a high finish on these two alloys is testament to their superior wear resistance. They are an order of magnitude harder to finish than any other stainless PM steel I have used. Which is why I want to use them for my blades!

If you follow me on Instagram you know about my introduction of Argon gas into my heat treat process. Again, this is a huge leap that lets me achieve absolutely decarb-free HT in-house. This is an absolute necessity for S125V because of the high temperatures involved.

I turned 54 in February and as a present to myself I am working to eliminate my chronic low back pain. PT and personal training twice a week definitely cuts into my productivity and annoys my type AA personality. But I am determined to stick with it.

So, this is where I am right now. Lots of things going on related to my desire to continuously improve.

Beyond the ECCKS, I am looking forward to a spectacular BLADE Show this year. I plan to bring things to that show that you have never seen.....

RNST likes this.
  4. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I'd love to see an Illudium folder!!!!

RNST likes this.
  5. desmodus

desmodus Guano Loco Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

YOU'VE SEEN MORE THAN ENOUGH ALREADY

GEEZER and RNST like this.
  6. rsv007

rsv007 Little member

how about revisiting the idea of a fishing knife for all of us anglers?