1. If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

DDR/RPB Gun Hammer and Medford Praetorian Micro

begreen61 Feb 13, 2017

1. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Actually sent it to a friend Snapper on the forums ,but Bob checked her out but didn't absues her in any way but did cut a a few things came back mint with no pocket time,To be honest with ya That didn't come nasty sharp like other Medfords I have ,which are 14 and climbing ,,Ohhh addictions.

Know what ou mean .wood I hunted all maples ground is covered in bright orange and reds Beautiful yes. Putting your knife down in it a nightmare , Put a Shotgun down in dark morning hunting turkey took me 10 min. to find it ,God damn camo gun I had a Gullie cover on it too didn't help. But I did " lose it " in the woods that day .

crogers likes this.
  2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Really surprised this didn't get more attention. If this would have happened a touch sooner, I'd of been grateful to check out the medford mini before I bought mine.

3. begreen61

There is still time to sign up people and there the DDR if you have the Medford

crogers likes this.
  4. desmodus

desmodus Guano Loco Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

What's the blade steel on the Medford?

I just touched it up with a rod and it went to shaving sharp very easily.

crogers and begreen61 like this.
  5. begreen61

D2 young lady

crogers likes this.
  6. desmodus

desmodus Guano Loco Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nice. I've heard good things about d2. The only blades I have in d2 are Bali and they don't get sharpened because the don't get dull because they only cut me...

At least now I can test how it performs in case I want something else in d2.

crogers likes this.
  7. begreen61

I love all the tool steels D2 and A2 Got hooked on them beating the piss out of my wood chislels .

crogers likes this.
  8. begreen61

7 days in, because of the turn out your have 7 more days not 3 to ship out . will send Chris's address soon .

crogers likes this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

Well, the post man came by, butt* I was at a Dr's. appointment. I'll run by the PO and pick it up tomorrow morning. It might make it hard to sleep tonight! :ups:

10. sickboy

sickboy Marsupial Brigade Member

I sent out the ddr with full insurance and fast shipping to the next devil. I'll do a write up when I have more than 3 minutes to myself.

crogers likes this.
  11. begreen61

ooks like 2 packages may come your way asap Chris ,enjoy my friend,

G,

crogers likes this.
  12. crogers

I have both of these knives. I'm planning to keep them until the end of the week. If no one else signs up, I guess I'll be shipping back to begreen.

SO... LAST CHANCE! Anybody else interested in playing with these? Sign up now! Or, regret it later! :bwah:

begreen61 likes this.
  13. sickboy

Posted a review in the review section.... be, if you decide to get rid of this DDR, we need to talk.

sickboy

begreen61 likes this.
  14. sickboy

Devils, get in on this pass a round. You get a chance to hold and play with some very nice blades! Who cares if it doesn't have two handles!!!!

sickboy

begreen61 likes this.
  15. begreen61

Receive the knives both looking as good or one sharper and better then it left I call it Passaround was a sucess .I Thank everone for particapating

desmodus, crogers and seandavid55 like this.
  16. crogers

Slack-ass that I am, here is my very tardy review of these knives.

Gary's DDR/RPB Gun Hammer is a really nice knife. I really don't see much use for the thumb stud though. My thumb just isn't strong enough to flip the blade open. But, with the gun hammer stud, it opens nicely, and with the spring assist, it's as quick as any auto that I own. That compound ground blade is a sight to see, but I imagine that it could be a bitch to sharpen.

The Medford Micro Praetorian DP is a small (well, duh! It is a Micro!) bladed knife. The surprising thing is its weight. That short blade was a lot heavier than I would have imagined. The balance point is a bit further forward than I would prefer. It's made of some pretty thick steel and I imagine that it would be hard to break. The fuller in the blade gives just enough purchase that you can open it with one hand if needed.

I liked both of these knives. Thanks for the chance to play with them.

seandavid55 and begreen61 like this.