1. If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

CS:GO??!!

Tguns Feb 14, 2017

1. Tguns

Tguns The Devil's Brigade Brigade Member

Ok. What the hell is it? A game? Do people really buy digital images of knives for $100+? And if so..why? Sorry if I sound ignorant.

Lapedog likes this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated Brigade Member

Isn't that a Game or some thing ,Not really sure

Lapedog likes this.
  3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

:wtf:

Lapedog likes this.
  4. Tguns

Lol... I just don't get it is guess. Maybe because I'm old.

Lapedog likes this.
  5. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

What is going on here?

Lapedog likes this.
  6. Tguns

Trying to figure out why anyone would pay 100's of $$ for a picture of a knife. I have beachfront property in Oklahoma for sale. Lol

7. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated Brigade Member

I guess i'm not getting it have a link of this picture someone paid for .

8. gzb

gzb Moderator Super Moderator

I don't get how some folks have the time to sit around and play games...

AJD1 and crogers like this.
  9. Tguns

I'm busy training a new cook today. Fml. I'd love to do nothing but play games too.

crogers likes this.
  10. Dutchtracker

Dutchtracker Down For Life Brigade Member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  11. Clydetz

Clydetz straight and true Brigade Member

I don't play games much.

desmodus and crogers like this.
  12. Tguns

I just play mind games. Lol.

crogers likes this.
  13. MaddogZ170

MaddogZ170 Little member

It's one of the better FPS games out there. Very competitive. Not the first in the series either so lot of older guys play it and I highly recommend it if your into shooters. And yes knives can be $100+ even $300+, guns $1000+...

14. Tguns

$1000+?? Wow. I guess. It's kinda like having something cool and being able use it in a fun scenario. Plus bragging rights if the elite stuff. I guess I like my fun more tangible.

MaddogZ170 likes this.
  15. crogers

Is that REAL money, or money that you earn during gameplay? :idunno:

Lapedog likes this.
  16. MaddogZ170

MaddogZ170 Little member

Real money! There is actually no in game currency in that game

crogers likes this.
  17. crogers

Again, :wtf:

Youse can buy REAL guns and knives with that kinda cash!

I can only WISH I'd thought of that! :$:

Spade115 likes this.
  18. [Blank]

[Blank] Little member

late response, but yes. people buy weapon skins to add flare to their in game guns and people sometimes pay 3x worth a BRS alpha beast infinity through paypal, for these "Skins"

19. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm blown away by this.

20. Lapedog

Lapedog Little member

Basically it is the newest version of Counter Strike. Counter Strike is a series of shooters that became very popular when I was a kid. It was popular when I was 14 and I am 29 now so you do the math. Anyway they kept releasing newer version and updates of the game as a new game.

Counter Strike, Counter Strike Condition Zero, Counter Strike Source, and finally CS:GO.

Basically in the game you can get "skins" for your weapons that change how you and other players view the weapons you are holding in the game. So for instance if I have a Red M9 Bayonet skin and equip it then everyone playing will see me with my red m9 bayonet. It has turned into basically a prestige thing where having rare skins is like "bling bling" or an expensive car among the community of CS:GO players. CS:GO lets you sell the skins you unlock online for real money so people are paying tons of money to get these rare skins.

Now here's the real kicker, the weapon skins degrade as you use them. So when you buy that red m9 bayonet at first it is in perfect condition. Then as you use it the skin will begin to look like it has scratches on it or chips in the blade, virtual wear and tear. Eventually you will no longer be able to use the skin as it "breaks." So people are paying 3000$ for a rare skin that won't even last. It is like the ultimate waste of money.

I heard that in some Chinese labour camps they have rooms full of computers where they have people playing to get rare items. Then they sell those rare items and the proceeds go to the Chinese Government. How fucked up is that!?