1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

"Corpsegrinder" is a reference to a machine built by one of the protagonists in the science fiction novel "Mona Lisa Overdrive", by William Gibson. When I profiled this out, it was what immediately popped into my head, so I ran with it.

For this knife, I drew a great deal of inspiration from my brothers Don Andrade, and Rick Marchand, which I'm sure is pretty easy to see.

The 8” blade is of .150” thick Crucible CPM-4v, with a 14-1/2” overall length, and features a forced patina - a first, for me.

The cocobolo for the handle is old-growth stuff from my buddy Don Andrade, held in place with hidden pins and a carbon fiber thonghole tube, and features a leather cord wrap sunk into a rebated channel. Weight is 15-5/8 ounces, and point of balance is just in front of the plunge. The cocobolo will get a beautiful, deep, dark red with black streaks as it ages.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Winter, Digs FnK, woodlander and 7 others like this.
  2. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Oh wow is that sweet.

Cocobolo is my favorite and the blade is really fucking killer.

What's it weigh?

Is it a commission piece?

Matthew Gregory likes this.
  3. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Couple of pluses here for the cleaver design combined with the Gibson reference. Super sweet.

4. Matthew Gregory

This weighed in at 15-5/8 ounces. I don’t take orders, but someone has been given right of first refusal on this one. Hoping to hear back from them soon...

5. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

sweet cleaver diging the texture on the blade

6. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Outstanding piece with great character!

7. Matthew Gregory

Thanks, everyone!