1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Convert FLAC to WAV?

PS-RagE Mar 14, 2017

1. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I recently purchased two albums that came as FLAC format. Anyone know a good program to convert to WAV?

2. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

desmodus and PS-RagE like this.
  3. PS-RagE

Worked like a charm - thanks!

4. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

I use VOX on my iPhone and MacBook. That player allows me to play FLAC, WAV and mp3's etc. Imagine that HD audio on an iPhone :bwah:

I had thought of doing the conversions but it seemed laborious to go through my database.

5. PS-RagE

I store my master copies as ALAC and play those in my office, I playback in MP3 in the truck and AAC on all other devices

desmodus likes this.
  6. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

I did the Pepsi challenge using my iPhone and played the same song via iTunes and VOX for iPhone in 96 kHz 24bit FLAC while driving my car. Definitely a deeper richer sound via VOX.

I've been looking into extracting some tracks from BluRay using a MacBook Pro, external BluRay player with some software for the task. I figure if I already own the disks, I might was well make full use of the soundtracks.

desmodus likes this.
  7. KaptainK├╝rbstomp

KaptainK├╝rbstomp Tiny Member

You can make use of programs like VLC Media Player and Handbrake to rip out audio from video files or to convert video files down to audio files. They're surprisingly useful but doing stuff like that might take a little bit of reading to set you off in the right direction - it's nothing too complicated though and they're really great tools to know about

desmodus likes this.