1. If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Williams is selling rebranded Ganzos for $180

Lapedog May 10, 2017

1. Lapedog

Lapedog Little member

I am not sure if this story has made it around this forum yet. I am also not sure if you guys are aware of the charlatan that is Chris Williams.

Basically the guy sells WAY overpriced knives that he claims he makes from scratch when in reality he is more of a "Handlesmith" by which I mean he slaps handles on preground blanks. He sells these blanks with handles slapped on for around 500$ a piece. All the way up to nearly 1000$ for his kitchen knives. He figured he would have to break into the folder market so he spent several years designing a special folding knife.

Well he must have spent those years scouring the Ganzo catalog because his "custom designed" knife looks an awful lot like a Ganzo knife with Chris William's logo slapped on the blade. Not only is he selling a rebranded Chinese knife, but the Ganzo he chose uses the Axis lock and is direct copy of a Benchmade HK knife that has been discontinued.

[​IMG]<---This is a picture of the knife. Note the William's logo.

So what do you guys think? Is this guy a design genius or what?

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. havana d

havana d Brigade Member Brigade Member

Or what...

Lapedog likes this.
  3. Lapedog

Lapedog Little member

Definitely falling into the or what catagory.

4. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo Stoned Adventurer Brigade Member

Wow thats lame as hell lol