1. If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Caribbean Cruise

hamburger May 6, 2017

1. hamburger

hamburger knifemaker

Help!

I come back home the JD here cause I want info. I am thinking of going on a cruise out of FL and I want to know what I should or should not do. i have never been on a boat like this.

i heard you can not carry any adult beverages on board.
    i heard you got to tip the people there.

lots of things i really don't know

suggestions, please.

begreen61, ded i and Kelper like this.
  2. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

Speaking from my vast experience (I've only been on one cruise ever):
    Depends on what you mean by carrying on. If you mean bringing in outside booze (e.g., bottles from home), that is forbidden. On the other hand, there aren't many places where you can't drink if you are using their services, including walking around.
    It is customary but not compulsory. As I recall, we did it the night before we left the ship so it could make for a tense morning if you choose to abstain.

ded i and Kelper like this.
  3. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

User interface issues.

Kelper likes this.
  4. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Sometimes you can arrange a drinks plan before you board - that will make the cost of drinks a little less. Check your cruise line website.

If you eat in the buffet you should remember how many people are touching utensils and use a paper towel or napkin (something you can throw away) between you and the metal handles.

If you wear out your wife - DO NOT take her girlfriend out instead and go bowling. My husband said to add that one.

[I didn't even know cruise ships have bowling.]

:bwah:

I just Googled this:
    http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1485

Bon Voyage! I want an update! :pirate_flag1: :pirateship:

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    begreen61, crogers and Kelper like this.
  5. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

My friend just got back from a cruise to Jamaica. First time she flew from TN to Florida onto a cruise ship. Lucky lady.

First off you make sure you have your passport cause your only going to stay on board.

She even went snorkling. She said plenty entertainment so from what she described it's much as I remembered.

Definitely DO NOT GET INTO THOSE HUSBAND WIFE MEMORY TESTS.. Apparently answer's have to be the same or death is imminent.

Just relax have fun and think of us all stuck ashore..

Seriously I took cruises to Denmark and Sweden kind of long weekend ones. Best short vacations ever.

begreen61, ded i and crogers like this.
  6. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

There are some times when bringing your own drinks aboard. For the embarking you are allowed to bring one bottle of wine/champagne or maybe a thing of beer, I want to say no more than a 12 pack but I don't remember completely. This also may depend on the line cause I believe Celebrity and Princess this was a no-no but on Carnival it was alright.

Mind your knives! I brought a steak knife(2.5" blade) and a utility knife(2.65" blade) with me, cause I despise sawing through my food, and I don't have fingernails. This got confiscated by the dock personnel until I returned. Although the on board security up to and including the captain all said it was alright to have.

In my estimation, Carnival is the Wal-Mart of cruise lines. Yes it's the cheapest but you also get that caliber of clientele. Celebrity and Princess are more like Target or Macy's. Just a bit nicer. I actually enjoyed Celebrity the best so far but I'm wanting to take another one with one of the other lines. I really want to try Norwegian or Holland, and Royal Caribbean.

7. ded i

Yay, you must have enjoyed it if you want to go on another. I've been on two, both company perks and Norwegian was really nice. The other was three days, two nights and I don't remember any of it. I think my husband drugged me. lol I remember I went snorkeling. :bwah:

Kelper and crogers like this.
  8. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

Roofies for the win! :drugslikeme:

9. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Ever since i watched Gilligans' Island,i won't get on a boat...:sailor:

crogers and Kelper like this.
  10. gzb

gzb Moderator Super Moderator

And WTF's the problem with getting stranded on a deserted Island with the likes of Mary Ann and Ginger...?

crogers, Kelper and AJD1 like this.
  11. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Mmmmmmmmmmm.....Mary Ann........You make a good point!

12. ded i

If I was stranded on an island I would want lots of pretty birds. :farmer::shipwrecked::tweety:

13. C-Bear

I've been to Alaska twice and the Caribbean (Mexico/Belize/Honduras) once. The Caribbean was the Carnival cruise. I wouldn't mind doing another Caribbean cruise however I'm more of a cold weather person so I would rather go back to Alaska. I would like to do a Trans-Atlantic cruise too.

14. Kelper

http://www.coolantarctica.com/Travel/falkland_islands.php

This has always been my dream cruise. Having been born raised in the Islands I consider myself lucky.. If I had been a guy I could have got a job on any of the research ships some of my school mates did.. Bring female that was not available back then. The Antarctic has pulled at my heartstrings for some reason. Must be magic. . or something but my mum's great grandfather was a Norwegian whaler so maybe it's in my blood.

C-Bear, crogers and ded i like this.
  15. C-Bear

All of those look wicked cool, and STUPID expensive, but totally worth it. Something about being on an ice breaker going through Antarctica. I've been to Alaska twice but it wasn't as cold as I wanted! Apparently they have that whole "Titanic" thing still in mind and are worried about sinking... pffffbt.

Kelper likes this.
  16. Kelper

Glad you enjoyed the link.

crogers likes this.
  17. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese

Smuggling contraband on cruise ships is half the fun, unless you like getting ass raped, the bar tab can cost more than the whole cruise. Empty out 12 pack soda cartons refill with beer cans, put the liquor in gift wrapped boxes. Use your imagination. They got thousands of bags to look threw, I've never had any booze confiscated but really didn't care if they did.

crogers and Kelper like this.