1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bump Stocks

taoist Oct 5, 2017

1. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

There has actually been attempts at banning them in the past. It's not a new battle, they just have more ammunition now.

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  2. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I got more ammo than I can shoot or carry for that matter and Black Powder if my home caught fire OHHH BOY ,you better run

Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  3. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Gary, sure that you already know that in the event of a fire, most ammo is fairly innocuous. Excellent SAAMI video:

Kelper, seandavid55 and begreen61 like this.
  4. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Yea I know,,, it's the black powder 4f and 3f for flintlock shooting I be talking about,,,,,,,,

Kelper likes this.
  5. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

Just emailed my senators for the first time ever.

Kelper and seandavid55 like this.
  6. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

What did you say to the senator, of you don't mind me asking?

7. Nathan Dewey

I wrote both of them asking to vote against HR 3999, HR 4052, HR 3962, HR 3984. I'm not an expert, I only learned of them from hickock45's last vid. Basically bills having to do with accessories, large capacity mags, buying ammo online, and the ability to sue gun companies. I pointed out that the nature of mass shootings requires the assumption that nobody else will be armed except for the perpetrator, you can't infringe on civil rights without due process, we trust other people with potentially dangerous objects every day, and state sovereignty.

seandavid55, Kelper and sam eib like this.
  8. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

I guess the only way to stop things like that is to eliminate the tool. That takes awhile, you can make it illegal but that won't make it disappear.

9. Nathan Dewey

And eliminate the tool that makes the tool, and knowledge of the tool, and any person who might have knowledge of the tool...in other words, revert back to a pre-gunpowder planet.

sam eib likes this.
  10. sam eib

sam eib Average Member

Don't see that happening any time soon. But that's what it will take and a lot of people don't understand that. I've seen bump stocks made on utube and it wasn't very complicated.

11. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

That's not what it's going to take. It's crazy for anyone to think that. "Tools" of any nature are not the problem. People are the problem. Take away one tool, they will just use a different one.

Maybe it's not that people don't understand what your saying. Maybe they just don't agree with you.

Kelper likes this.
  12. Nathan Dewey

Just so we're clear, I like a post-gunpowder planet. :bang:
    On a serious note, I think all types of firearms should be legal to own and purchase by any law abiding citizen. It is not up to me to decide what somebody else does or doesn't "need" for hunting or home defense or whatever. Options are a good thing, and the more devices like bump stocks there are the more you eliminate out-dated laws. Consequently, I am willing to live in a society where it's possible somebody might shoot me and I have equal opportunity to do the same. It's not a guarantee, it's a fighting chance.

crogers, seandavid55 and Kelper like this.
  13. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I am a gun guy and even I think they should be illegal, mind you I am usually against infringement on my rights but what possible purpose could there be for this.

14. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

Fuck your "purpose," fudd.